Spray tan and sweat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbellelash

Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems with clients sweating in this warm weather whilst having a spray tan? I have had one client that has woken up with a very blotchy face this morning - all I can think of is that this is down to sweat as it was very hot when I sprayed her. I haven't ever had this happen before and feel awful :( Have told her to try and remove with baby oil so hope this helps her a bit.

HI, YES!! Try not to worry too much or blame yourself...Ive had 3 ladies this week, all either patchy/blotchy or not developed. I know its not method or solution quality 100%. Have faith in yourself, explain how important prep it with the CORRECT products AND aftercare - especially in this heat.
Minimum lose clothing is best and no shoes if possible, nothing on in bed if poss too Just a cotton sheet over them. Prepare them in advance as you are tanning them that in this heat the tan has a possibility of feeling sticker/heavier/wetter on the skin, You are doing your application no differently, but its purely down to the heat and skin perspiring. Also, the colour guide can look a little messy, patchy whilst its developing, all quite normal in heat. They will appreciate your advise. They mustn't wash off any earlier either. Out of dozens a tans a week Im not concerned personally with 3 ladies who have contacted me, Ive asked everyone Ive tanned to get in touch if there is a problem. Ive had each lady back (free of course), and resprayed very lightly first thing in the morning (cooler) with a light % regardless of what they had during original tan, all 3 ladies 100% happy now. You are better off respraying than than them trying to get a new tan off.Be extremely light with application and technique and blend where you need to, but don't worry too much, :) Lyn x

Thank you so much for all your advice Lyn, that has been a massive help and much needed reassurance. I have a few tans in this evening so I will be contacting them to give them advice.

Thanks once again! x

My pleasure tinks! x

Hi, I use fake bake and recommended the 60 min which developed in 2-3 hrs, (it's a fast developing SprayTan which even after guide colour is washed off continues to develop)
Iv Also said to them to shower just before coming to make sure the skin is clean from sweat (as much as poss) and to stay indoors.
But in this weather its hard to stay cool ESP when sleeping.

That's a good idea - had been looking into trying fake bake 60 minutes - would be ideal in this weather.

Latest posts

Back