Spray Tan & Bleached Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind me picking your brain. I had a rather unfortunate thing happen to me tonight. I was spray tanning a girl with bleached hair and when i was doing her face the gun blew her hair net off!!!

She has got a bit of spray tan on her hairline!! I didn't say anything to her but I've come home and I feel dreadful. Will it mark her hair?

I'm terrible for picking holes in my work and thats why I didn't mention it as I think if you point things out to people then they look harder at them and they would never have noticed in the first place.

How can I ensure this doesnt happen again? Would you go to the lengths of putting barrier cream on the hair? I'm not sure that would be v enjoyable.

I feel like such a newbie when things like this happens. Infact I ALWAYS worry after every tan I have done that its not perfect or people wont like it but I have lots of repeats so I don't know why I do it to myself!!

Carolinexx

Hi Caroline, I always pre-warn anyone with very light hair that there may be a tiny bit of spray in the hair line (more so around the ears) as there is always a little tuft of hair poking out there.

Make sure you are not pointing your gun too close to the face or too upward and this shouldn't blow a net off someones head again.

Most of the base should wash out, but if it does stain a little then a few washes especially with a basic dandruff shampoo will take any excess colour away.

You could always offer to put a little conditioner on any very light hair protruding next time, as this wouldn't feel as horrible as vasiline.

Sian Rogers

Finding Serenity |

Thank u for replying, I will use the conditioner in future, she is the only person I have sprayed who has really bleached hair so have never really come across it before.

I just completely panicked when I got home.

Caroline x

Latest posts

Back