Spray tan course with body issues :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree. if your friend has given you a great tan and people are stopping you at tescos check out to ask you for your tanners number then it's not actually your number you should be passing on it should be your friends seeing as it's her work and not yours.

what if like me (and many other females) you don't have your own willy/dingler danglers but offer male intimate waxing? should we stop? surely 'from a business sense' it's not good business sense at all to turn clients aka income away because we don't have 'the experience of what it's like'? the same can be applied to lots of professionals in lots of different careers. good education, talking to other therapists and asking your clients for feedback will serve you just as well i think. x

Thank you, i was going to put something similar but felt i was getting into an email war, but i certainly couldnt have put it any better than this

Would it help to go have a tan before your training at a local place..just you and the tanner, with underwear on? She would be very matter of fact about it cos she's been doing it loads of times before, and there wont be the pressure of you trying to take in what you're being taught either..just one on one..then you can see its not such a big deal and over in 15 minutes?? Just a thought...

i agree. if your friend has given you a great tan and people are stopping you at tescos check out to ask you for your tanners number then it's not actually your number you should be passing on it should be your friends seeing as it's her work and not yours.

what if like me (and many other females) you don't have your own willy/dingler danglers but offer male intimate waxing? should we stop? surely 'from a business sense' it's not good business sense at all to turn clients aka income away because we don't have 'the experience of what it's like'? the same can be applied to lots of professionals in lots of different careers. good education, talking to other therapists and asking your clients for feedback will serve you just as well i think. x

no one mentioned turning clients away and we're not talking about other professions here, semi agree with if someone stops you and asks about the tanmyou have and a friend ect has done it then it is there work but usually its the actual colour they are asking about- anyway as posted first of all its just my opinion that any service you offer you should have tried yourself at least once, with regards to male intimate waxing of course a guys going to know you havent had exactly the same wax as him but I would still say a therapist offering male waxing should of had some sort of waxing herself at some point

Hi I recently went on a spray tanning course and I was worried over what to wear, in the end I decided on my very nice Lacy knickers,only when it came to my turn to be spray tanned I was mortified that i had on little knickers, every one else had on a decent size but to be honest even though every body is watching you, you don't really look at the body, your concentrating on where the spray tan is going and that's it, I honestly couldn't tell you what body shapes the students had on my course,plus I think that little mortification i felt is what my clients will be feeling so I can put them at ease. Good luck with it.

Im glad I saw this thread. Im having my first ever spray tan this afternoon and I am so nervous its unbelievable.

I have big body issues, size 16 after 3 kids, stomach like an AA road map and scars to boot. :(
I love fake tan, and my hubby bought the spray tan for me when I went in to my local salon for my HD brows, im excited but really do not want to get my kit off in front of the young beautiful slim therapist...

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I had the same worries and concerns when I was training - i am large but just took the view that 1/2 hour embarrassment v's being trained and went with it. I wore a black swimsuit and was fine, just blocked it out! lol

Having said that, having tanned loads of customers, i can def say 'no one is perfect'! even those size 10 perfect girls have stretch marks and dimples when they get undressed, and almost everyone has insecurities and apologises for something. Welcome to the 'real' world! :wink2:

Thought I would get my bit in here too :

I did my spray tan course and was super nervous for doing it as I am a size 18 - 20 and did not fancy getting my bits out for anyone!

To my horror I was paired with a nice slim size 8 girl :s so i was bricking it having this slim girl spraying my fat bum n boobs!

I had said i was nervous getting my kit off and then she burst out crying saying she didnt want to and that she hated her body since having kids and having anyone spray tan her was her worst nightmare. I am convinced she picked me as a partner becasue maybe she thought I would have my hang ups ( good guess).

While us big girls have hang ups about our bodies slim girls such as the original poster also have their worries.

The best part is though - I couldn't give a monkies if she was a size 8 or 28 I just wanted to do a good job of her tan. And I am sure most girls in here would agree that a clients a client and money is money so no matter what shape or size the person is as a proffesional tanner we just want the result to be top notch and for that person to recommend me! So the training part is a breeze and rememebr you only have to get your kit off once. You wont be naked doing other peoples tans.

xx

I felt the same, I'm a size 18 but really wanted the qualification so just did it and it was a class of 10 I never saw these people again and spray tans are really popular so it's worth it in the end you will be fine it's like 15 mins that you are in your underwear for and you will be standing in the tent I really wouldn't worry everyone feels the same!

Glad I found this I'm doing tanning course at college Monday and I am nervous, I hate my feet belly and thighs.... I have a friend to work with so that's not so bad but it's everyone else I'm worried about.

Glad I found this I'm doing tanning course at college Monday and I am nervous, I hate my feet belly and thighs.... I have a friend to work with so that's not so bad but it's everyone else I'm worried about.

hey, please don't worry, people aren't there to judge your figure!! if they are then they are in the wrong Job for sure, I spray women all shapes/sizes, & to be perfectly honest I am too in the zone making sure my technique is right to acknowledge whether they are fat or thin, I have sprayed tiny girls who say things like oh please mind my fat :eek: & I have sprayed bigger girls who get in the tent full of confidence :) i always try make my client feel at ease when they comment on there weight etc.. when your in the tent your only semi naked for a matter of minutes so just grin & bear it & I promise you'll forget all about it once you leave with your certificate :) good luck on your course x

hey, please don't worry, people aren't there to judge your figure!! if they are then they are in the wrong Job for sure, I spray women all shapes/sizes, & to be perfectly honest I am too in the zone making sure my technique is right to acknowledge whether they are fat or thin, I have sprayed tiny girls who say things like oh please mind my fat :eek: & I have sprayed bigger girls who get in the tent full of confidence :) i always try make my client feel at ease when they comment on there weight etc.. when your in the tent your only semi naked for a matter of minutes so just grin & bear it & I promise you'll forget all about it once you leave with your certificate :) good luck on your course x

Thank you, I had a tan done at home at Xmas by someone I know and even then I felt a bit nervous.. I know ill be ok and most of them will be feeling the same as me. I am looking forward to it. I'm on the hunt for a starter kit now

Latest posts

Back