Spray tan disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joygirl

Reaction score
Hi all i sprayed 3 clients last night who left happy but once home complained bitterly that it was patchy dark one commented i look like i've been rolling in mud. This morning they were still unhappy I agreed to refund as I felt terrible i went back to my gun and checked i possibly did have it on a high setting. I went through here and saw the nouvtan vid on setting up the gun and instead of having it at 8 i had it at 2. I called my friend who i tan she said yes shes been quite wet but never patchy shes been happy but my gun was wrong but i've lost confidence i don't want anyone to call. I've been tanning since qualifying no one I swear has complained. My friend has volunteered to let me spray her again tomorrow with the new setting and the old setting to compare. Did i really mess up that badly i feel just sick.

Ah bless you couldn't just read and run!

Everyone makes mistakes - it's part of the learning curve and will only make you better in the future. Don't be disheartened. You've got to the route of the problem and now you can go forward from it.:hug:xxx

Don't feel bad everyone makes mistakes at some point. Xx

Hi all i sprayed 3 clients last night who left happy but once home complained bitterly that it was patchy dark one commented i look like i've been rolling in mud. This morning they were still unhappy I agreed to refund as I felt terrible i went back to my gun and checked i possibly did have it on a high setting. I went through here and saw the nouvtan vid on setting up the gun and instead of having it at 8 i had it at 2. I called my friend who i tan she said yes shes been quite wet but never patchy shes been happy but my gun was wrong but i've lost confidence i don't want anyone to call. I've been tanning since qualifying no one I swear has complained. My friend has volunteered to let me spray her again tomorrow with the new setting and the old setting to compare. Did i really mess up that badly i feel just sick.

Did she look really wet when you did it? If you had the gun too high she would have been soaked all over and you would have noticed when you were doing it. Which gun is it that you use?

I have the TS20 they all looked fine to me but now I don't trust my judgement either way my gun was too high. I've had a wee cry and contacted LA Tan who just reiterated the instructions on the vid will test my friend so i can at least scrutinise the solution. I don't mind to refund its £20 I would expect a refund if i was unhappy. Thank you all for your encouraging words

Exactly, you'd know if it was not set right and pouring out too much solution, if the client was wet and it was running down her.

Are you sure the client even washed the guide colour off before complaining to you? Sounds like she just went home, looked at herself in the mirror and didn't like the look.

The only way it would be patchy is if you made a right mess applying it, thin at one point and really too much on the next bit.

Alternatively you could have done a really good spray but the client didn't prep properly and had something on her skin (an oil based product) which meant the tan didn't develop evenly.

I thought that but i just didn't want to quibble I've asked her to come back so I can look but haven't seen her yet so we will see.

She may be a bit shocked at l a tans guide colour because I think it is the darkest of the lot! You also really need to make sure everything is washed off properly. I agree also I don't think your gun setting would make the tan patchy as if it is too high it would normally run or pool on the client and you would notice that whilst doing it. I would wait to see the tan in the flesh. It is probable it's the client prep as a lot do not listen unfortunately :( x

As promised I spray tanned my friend came up lovely I'm so pleased I still don't know how I got the settings so wrong. At college we used the fake bake system with a different gun and used crazy angel I bought my LA kit purely from reviews. So I've contacted the last 2 people I sprayed and offered complimentary tans I wouldn't be able to sleep with taking money from people and doing a mediocre job. I feel much happier today and glad it's sorted now not several tans later.

I would wait to see how the tan looks in the flesh too before you give a refund. It sounds terrible but sometimes clients just don't like how the tan looks or they've overreacted slightly and it's not as bad as they think. Don't worry! It's happened to the best of us!

Just jump straight back on the horse & do a tan on your friend! It will come out great & restore your confidence.
X

I'm glad that you seem more positive. Definitely have a look and see exactly what is wrong with the tan. You may be able to fix it for her.

I personally wouldn't have offered a complimentary tan to someone who didn't have a problem, but i can understand why you've done this and if there was any problem before at least you have the chance to show them what a fantastic tan you can do.

Let us know what the outcome is. Happy spraying :) xx

Latest posts

Back