Spray tan for client with vitiligo, advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi just after some more tanning advice! Sorry!
I have a lady booked in who has vitiligo mainly arms and chest. I have been reading threads on here and so im thinking I should perhaps dab anylight patches with a darker solution, then spray with a lighter all over. Eg. Dab with a 11.5% then spray with 9.5% or 9.5% then spray 7.5 (I use fresh indulgence) would you say this is a good plan? What is best used to dab solution on? Thanks for any help :) x

Can anyone advise pls? :) x

I would be inclined to do it the opposite way around. I would spray client as usual using desired %. Allow it to develop as normal (6-8hrs). This will allow you to see colour difference of Vitiligo patches with tan on. It will also allow client to see tan. Some people find that just the fact the have the tan is enough to make it less noticeable and are happy with the results. I would book client in for following day to access tan and to blend Vitiligo patches. I would barrier cream around the edge of patches and lightly spray with same % solution.

I think its a bit trial and error but this is how I would do it. It also depends on your clients expectations. I think you just need to be honest with client and advise that everyone is different and its a case of working out what works best for her. Remember you can always go lighter/darker or change routine next time if it doesn't give you desired outcome.

Good luck and let me know how you get on x

Thaseenkyou for your help, I didnt think of doing it that way! X

Clients I've have had just get sprayed in the percentage they want and it's always covered x

Just to update, I sprayed the lady on thurs and sprAyed all over with 11.5% as she naturally has quite olive skin, then I just dabbed over her lighter bits again with same colour to make sure they was well covered. I offered for her to pop back once she had washed guide off next day if she wanted a bit more colour on lighter bits but she was happy with 1st spray and said how nice it was to find someone who took a bit of time with her to help her, so I am very pleased. Thanks for all your advice again :) x

Latest posts

Back