Spray Tan gone wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennibabe

Reaction score
I have a question that some more experianced tanners might know the answer to.. Is there anything that will remove the tanning from the skin? I have just switched from st tropez to golden tropic (by airbrushbodyart) and gave it a go yesterday. The feet look absolutely terrible. There has been a definate colour grab and they just look grubby. :cry: I called the company and they suggested baby oil. I didn't think it would work but gave it a go as well as a good ol soak in the spa and a scrub; nothing will move that colour. I did not spray directly onto the feet but used the st tropez buffing mit to blend from the bottom of the leg- not a good idea...I am happy with colour on the rest of the body it is more golden than st tropez. Any hints tips and suggestions most welcome.
cheers
Jen

Thanks Jen. I went and had a look; great site. Looks like I just need to go and have another go with the baby oil.

Hi ive found that lemon juice and salt mixed together to form a past and then rubber over the skin will lighten it.

give it a try it works for me.:)

regards catherine

Hello there, you can buy tan remover wipes from most pro tanning companies but they need to be used as soon as possible after the tan has been done(works up to a couple of hours after) Failing that hot baths and exfoliation via salt oil scrubs are good, oh and saunas are fab too. Hope this helps x:wink2:

you can always take a dip in your local swimming pool as the chloring will strip the tan

hth

Hi, yes I have the wipes and the st tropez remover. The trouble is it looked fine when the guide colour went on. It was only today that it looked just plain wrong. I moisturised the feet prior to the tan, just not sure why this happened.

U could always go to your local swimming pool suppliers and get some chlorine tablets and dissolve them in a bucket of water (be careful of the fumes) - that way you can fade it in the privicay of your own four walls.......better than exposing yourself at the local pool x

Failing that lemon juice and salt or washing powder + loads of exfoliation xx

Acetone! Acetone removes striking from air-brush tanning products!
Good luck!

Are they as bad as mine were? :eek:
I used toner to get off quite a lot of it....

Tanned my feet!.jpg

Since then i've been slathering body oil over my feet (up to ankles) elbows knees and hands and i haven't had any more hicc ups yet....

oh tammy that pic is brill!!!!!
it reminds me of a time that happened to me, it was a few years ago and thought i'd have a go with the l'oreal spray tan....took me ages to get it all off!!!!!

oh tammy that pic is brill!!!!!
it reminds me of a time that happened to me, it was a few years ago and thought i'd have a go with the l'oreal spray tan....took me ages to get it all off!!!!!

he he he, i'm always doing stuff like that to myself :eek:

i've had PLENTY of self tan diasters in my younger days...when i was 15 i had an incident where my hands went as dark as your feet in that pic!!! imagine the humiliation!!!!!

Are they as bad as mine were? :eek:
I used toner to get off quite a lot of it....

View attachment 2537

Since then i've been slathering body oil over my feet (up to ankles) elbows knees and hands and i haven't had any more hicc ups yet....

LOL that pic still makes me laugh!! :hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back