Fake tan no longer working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie334

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on this dilemma I’m having. I have been fake tanning for about 3 months now typically using loving tan. My legs and my whole body would always take the tanner or any tanner. One day I fake tanned with St. Moriz to try out and it worked. But got all into my pores on my legs and gave me strawberry legs. So I scrubbed all the tanner off and applied a new layer making sure there was no barrier or anything. And it all completely washed off. Now my legs won’t accept any tanner at all from any brand. But it’s only my legs. I figured it was cause it was that time of month. But that has passed and tanner is still not developing on my legs!! Please help I have no idea why this is happening!

Try applying lotion on your legs first. Or if you can find a leg primer, you can try using that first before applying the tanner.

What brand are you using?

The "strawberry" effect you mentioned would have happened if you shaved your legs not long before applying the tan. The pores are still open so the tan just sits in them. If this was the case it could also be that maybe your razor has one of those moisturising strips? They can leave a barrier on the skin, which means it will just rub off. The same for a lot of shower creams or moisturisers you might have applied to your skin before tanning.

Before applying any tan you should exfoliate well a day or so beforehand, don't moisturise on the day and make sure any moisturiser you have applied has been showered off (preferably the day before but at least several hours before to allow your skin to return to its normal ph).

It is good to moisturise after the tan has developed and been rinsed off, but avoid oil based moisturisers as they will strip the tan faster.

Latest posts

Back