Spray tan help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeygrace

Reaction score
Helloo :)
I have just qualified in spray tanning (and acrylic nails) and I am looking for my machine and solution.
Have read good review on the OMG solution is this recommended? I was not told anything at my training about the cleaning of the machine and how much to put in for each client.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your help x

I haven't tried OMG but I would suggest you contact several company's and get some samples to help you decide on a solution. Some companies give free samples and some you have to pay for. I use Trinitia but I sampled about 8 different ones before made up my mind.

With regards to the gun from reading on here the hvlp 5008 seems to last forever. It has just been discontued as a new one has been brought out called the ts50 but I think the only real difference is the gun. If you search you will find a few threads.

I personally have a hvlp550 as I bought my gun second hand because I didn't know how busy my tanning would be. So far it's my most requested treatment although I'm not overly busy because I've just started up. I am now saving to try and get an hvlp5008 before they disappear. There isn't anything wrong with my gun I just don't trust it to do more than 3 tans one after another .

I think you should use about 40 to 50 mls of solution once you get confident but this will depend on your gun also.
I'm averaging 45ml per tan but when I'm spraying someone I put about 100mls in the cup so that when I'm moving the gun around its always sucking up solution and not air.

Hope I've helped.

Helloo :)
I have just qualified in spray tanning (and acrylic nails) and I am looking for my machine and solution.
Have read good review on the OMG solution is this recommended? I was not told anything at my training about the cleaning of the machine and how much to put in for each client.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your help x

Type in OMG on the search facility on salon geek & use the info that comes up to help make your decision. You should also get a sample of omg & test it. Everyone likes different products so you might love it or loathe it

also a good video to watch is the one attached below this is how to clean your gun this video was made by Steve@Nouvatan xx

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:...uAIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFJA_uEzdKywbPs54O3hRcp3myvXQ

Last edited:
That's the video for cleaning the new ts50 machine, I'll attach the video for the other machines in a minute x

Last edited:
Last edited:
With regards to your training, you should of been advised how much to use and how to clean a machine, particularly if you trained with a specific brand. If not and your training was done by another provider I would go back and ask them their advice on anything that wasnt covered.
Once you choose your brand then im sure they can help with all of that anyway.
:Grope:

Shop around for the cheapest kits but sorry I don't rate omg, started off with this brand but I have loads of solution left as I don't like using it now. I use nouvatan and sienna.

thanks for all your help :) Im going to look at getting some samples and have arranged to go back to where i trained next week so they can help me get a machine x

Latest posts

Back