Spray tan help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't agree with you there, Steve. There are a lot more differences now than just the hose connectors, and actually I do think these are useful because we often get calls from TS50 users saying their hose flies off during use. Have you actually had one of the new MaxiMists in your hand and compared them side by side I wonder?

I agree with you that Suntana have a vested interest in acting like the machine is better, but I don't. We stock both machines, it doesn't matter to us which our customers choose. But I do agree with you that performance-wise, as in the quality of the tan, there is no difference, so there's no reason for anyone to buy a MaxiMist if they're thinking it will make a difference to performance. But if they want those extra little things that make life easier, or make their machine look better, or whatever it is they like about it - why not?

Dismissing the MaxiMist simply because you choose not to stock it and saying it's "exactly the same machine" is really quite misleading. It's important people understand there are differences (however subtle they may be in your mind) and make their choice accordingly - which clearly some people don't when they're buying TS50s off some sites and thinking they're MaxiMists by the way that they name them.
ok so apart from the hose conector and a sticker, whats the difference

I did post a link which explains it all, with pictures :p There are two new parts to the hose connector, not just the way it actually clips into the gun, although I find this the most significant feature and its 'ez cool' feature only really a result of the new materials used on that hose.

It's also compatible with the new pro gun, whereas the TS50 will only fit the old style. Again, I'm not saying the pro gun is necessary or better or anything of the sort, but it's just a fact of life that some people do prefer it.

I also think the 2 year warranty is pretty important. Even if you don't rate any of the other features you can't say that it's not nice to have that peace of mind.

This is not supposed to be a TS50 vrs MaxiMist debate anyway. My original post was simply to point out that they are two different things, as there appeared to be some misunderstanding, and the point of this forum is to communicate with others and learn from each other. It is important particularly as the two will be even more different by early next year.

It's like if I'm on an auto forum and post that I own a Golf which I bought from Skoda. You would expect someone to say "errr, hold on a minute, just to clarify for other users, a Golf can only be purchased from VW... if you buy from Skoda, it's an Octavia." This is regardless of any arguments that say that Skoda and Volkswagen are, in many respects, made of the same parts.

I think it's ok (and hopefully helpful to some people) to point that out.

I did post a link which explains it all, with pictures :p There are two new parts to the hose connector, not just the way it actually clips into the gun, although I find this the most significant feature and its 'ez cool' feature only really a result of the new materials used on that hose.

It's also compatible with the new pro gun, whereas the TS50 will only fit the old style. Again, I'm not saying the pro gun is necessary or better or anything of the sort, but it's just a fact of life that some people do prefer it.

I also think the 2 year warranty is pretty important. Even if you don't rate any of the other features you can't say that it's not nice to have that peace of mind.

This is not supposed to be a TS50 vrs MaxiMist debate anyway. My original post was simply to point out that they are two different things, as there appeared to be some misunderstanding, and the point of this forum is to communicate with others and learn from each other. It is important particularly as the two will be even more different by early next year.

It's like if I'm on an auto forum and post that I own a Golf which I bought from Skoda. You would expect someone to say "errr, hold on a minute, just to clarify for other users, a Golf can only be purchased from VW... if you buy from Skoda, it's an Octavia." This is regardless of any arguments that say that Skoda and Volkswagen are, in many respects, made of the same parts.

I think it's ok (and hopefully helpful to some people) to point that out.
no your original post in this thread was saying (La tanning Dont stock the maximist !! ) Catherine we will have to agree to disagree as i said and earlex the makers of both machines will confirm, both machines are made in the same factory only the hose is different

Ok Steve, agreed. I don't think people are under any illusions as to where both machines are made, don't worry :)

Both machines are great quaility and made at the Earlex UK factory in guildford. The maximist does have two differences which is the quick connect feature where the hose connects to the gun. Maximist also offer the additional year warranty through their distribution.

But both the TS50 and the Maximist TS50 are the same turbine, hose and Helia gun.

The TS50 can go with the Helia gun, Our Pro Gun or the old L0907 gun.
As does the MaxiMist which is also compatible with their Professional gun and Helia.

Both are great quaility and all customers, whether they buy either machine from any of our approved distributors can be assured of the quality and the service they will receive.

All you distributors do a great job and it comes down to the individual customer choice

Latest posts

Back