Spray tan party dramas!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautIsh

Reaction score
Normally I have perfect clients who might invite one or 2 friend on there spray tans but last night I had a to be wedding party who wanted a trial so they all got together.
Now this has completely put me off spray tan parties they had deodorant on, leggings and jeans for afterwards and none exfoliated with the correct gloves they all just thought a body scrub would do. I kept clearly saying about as you haven't prep correctly it will not be perfect and they were shrugging it off most likely assuming I was over exaggeration.
So I have said no more parties as its to much stress!!

Don't stress, as long as you've given your clients pre and post tan advice in plenty of time, if they choose to ignore it there's not much else you can do.

I have my pre/post tan advice on my Facebook page, on my website, and made up as a PDF which I text/private message to my clients. If they don't follow it they can't say they weren't told!

As I'm spraying clients, if I notice they've got deodorant on, for example, I'll jokingly tell them off and explain how it'll affect the tan. Sounds like you did that, you've done nothing wrong.

I love spray tan parties, I think they're great money for the time and effort involved, don't let one bad one put you off.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Normally I have perfect clients who might invite one or 2 friend on there spray tans but last night I had a to be wedding party who wanted a trial so they all got together.
Now this has completely put me off spray tan parties they had deodorant on, leggings and jeans for afterwards and none exfoliated with the correct gloves they all just thought a body scrub would do. I kept clearly saying about as you haven't prep correctly it will not be perfect and they were shrugging it off most likely assuming I was over exaggeration.
So I have said no more parties as its to much stress!!

Sending Pre-Prep information is always good advice - don't let it put you off - it bet they have turned out fine! Did you do a follow up? X

I really enjoy spray tan parties, perhaps because it was a trial they weren't taking your advice seriously? I send prep and after care advice before the appointment and leave little leaflets with aftercare advice on along with my phone number and offer a price list for the other treatments I do. Don't stress, you explained all you could and if they choose to ignore this advice there isn't much you can do. I remember doing a group on a hot day and a few getting straight into cars to drive home (they were off on a girls holiday the following afternoon), I fretted about seat belts rubbing and getting sticky in the car but I didn't have one complaint. The tans are probably fine. Check back with them and hopefully they are all quite satisfied.

I send prep advice before, individually, then before I spray il say "just checking, since your last shower have you applied perfume/deodorant make up/creams no matter how little?"

I usually get, oh well yes this morning it will have worn off... Erm no, go & wash please ;)

I give them reasons for what im asking, perfumed products react & turn the tan GREEN. Etc.

Xx

Latest posts

Back