Spray tan section in room instead of tent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
I just wondered if any of you have a tanning area in your room without using a tent so curtains/screen/something else? I'm hoping to have my garage converted into a room to do my Gelish and tans and would prefer not to have my big tent taking up space. Ay ideas would be welcome! Thanks.

a lady i know has this its like cupboard you go into and she has tiled the floor and put a shower curtain up, people don't mind she's real busy i remember seeing it and thinking it was a bit dingy the way she has done it but it honestly doesn't put her customers off x x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

The one I went to was like a tiled cupboard. She had a shower unit on the wall so she could easily rinse it down between clients. I thought it felt very professional and hygienic. :)

a lady i know has this its like cupboard you go into and she has tiled the floor and put a shower curtain up, people don't mind she's real busy i remember seeing it and thinking it was a bit dingy the way she has done it but it honestly doesn't put her customers off x x

I am doing something very similar in my salon. Where my tanning tent was I have now rented that space to a hairdresser. I have moved my tanning area out the back to a big walk in cupboard. One end is having acrylic paneling with extractor and a shower curtain then the other half is a changing area.

Small but a ideal solution. Once it's done I will post photos.

It will be easy to clean, private and I think will look professional once finished and purpose built.

Lilian

Sounds good Lilian, be good to see photos when it's done. I was thinking of a curtain rail with curtains to pull round sort of like the curtains round hospital beds. I know someone on here has done the same. It would mean the room would still look big when nobody was in there and the curtains were open. I'm just a bit worried about the tan getting everywhere. It drives me mad now when I've done a few in a row and my window sill, nail table and everything in the too are orange tinged! A cubicle type thing would be ideal with a shower to wash down and an extractor.

I have a specially modified wind tunnel in my salon. It's about half mile long. My clients walk down it slowly whilst taking off their clothes and throw them to the sides where there are collection bins on a conveyer belt system.

When at the end there is a turn table and a traffic light system. As soon as they step on the table the lights all turn red to indicate you must stop.

Then from the beginning of the tunnel the tan solution is dispensed and shoots down the tunnel like a rocket carried by the high volicity of the wind. Meanwhile the client turns one revolution and as quick as you can say Novatan she's done. Lights turn green, she exits though a door with hot blowers, dries off and collects her clothes from the collection bins.

To clean, 100% chlorine is dispensed again from the front of the tunnel and rocks down hygienically cleaning prior to the next client.

I can process about 2 clients per 5 minutes.

Anyone use similar? :?:

Oh and because their hair always look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards after the 100 mph wind tunnel, I say 'oh Jenni your hair looks awful, lets get you booked in for a wash and blow' :D boom works every time.

I to have a large cubicle with tiled floor and I used cushion flooring on the walls easy to clean.

Apollo that sounds mad haha. I'd love to see it if you had time to post a pic. How inventive!

I rent a room and it has a shower sized cubicle that I use for storage and tanning. I have shelves at the back with a black shower curtain in front. Strong Velcro is attached to the curtain and shelves to make sure it doesn't blow about.

The walls in there are painted black and I have a shower curtain in front of it too.

It looks lovely although it might not sound it and is great for space saving and keeping the spray in one place xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

just read my post and when i said dingy i just meant that one was i know yours won't be lol just wanted to explain myself :) x

You'll definitely have overspray in your room and the areas closest will be the worst, but generally it will be everywhere but in lesser degrees. You'll need to lock down your technique so that you're not spraying any more than 6-8 inches away from your client (no drifting as you do the legs - as often seen!). There's always overspray no matter how good you are, if you start spraying slightly off the body and end off the body to avoid the "splotched" look it's inevitable.

I have a specially modified wind tunnel in my salon. It's about half mile long. My clients walk down it slowly whilst taking off their clothes and throw them to the sides where there are collection bins on a conveyer belt system.

When at the end there is a turn table and a traffic light system. As soon as they step on the table the lights all turn red to indicate you must stop.

Then from the beginning of the tunnel the tan solution is dispensed and shoots down the tunnel like a rocket carried by the high volicity of the wind. Meanwhile the client turns one revolution and as quick as you can say Novatan she's done. Lights turn green, she exits though a door with hot blowers, dries off and collects her clothes from the collection bins.

To clean, 100% chlorine is dispensed again from the front of the tunnel and rocks down hygienically cleaning prior to the next client.

I can process about 2 clients per 5 minutes.

Anyone use similar? :?:

Oh and because their hair always look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards after the 100 mph wind tunnel, I say 'oh Jenni your hair looks awful, lets get you booked in for a wash and blow' :D boom works every time.

Is this for real?? Sounds likes something off a comedy film - would love to see :D

Latest posts

Back