Spray tan shade too light!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

Some advice would be much appreciated… I tanned a client on Friday with my darkest shade Suntana Blackberry, which she has had before. She messaged me last night saying that she has showered & it’s really light, bearing in mind that I gave her three coats as she is a rather large lady and I didn’t want to miss anywhere, I find this really hard to believe. I have offered to re-spray her this evening either at my house or I said that I would go to her but she can’t make tonight. I said that I would really like to see how bad it is as maybe there is something wrong with the solution, she is now saying that she is tanned but she likes it to be REALLY dark. I mentioned that she’d had that shade before and she didn’t say anything about it being too light then? She said that it was quite light but she put it down to the fact that she thought she had showered too soon! I have now asked her why she didn’t mention this as I could have put some drops in to make it a bit darker, she hasn’t replied yet but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and how they dealt with it. I’ve been tanning for four years now and this is only the second time that somebody has complainedL

Last edited:
I wouldn't look at it as a complaint, just she would rather she was a little darker! As she never mentioned this the first time & given she has had this colour before & agreed to being sprayed this colour again (I'm assuming colour was discussed in the consultation?)I would offer a half price re-spray/top up as there is nothing wrong with the tan eg. Patchy etc. HTH XX

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks fluffy26, yes colour was definitely discussed in the consultation, I even mentioned that I had drops with me but she didn't say anything at the time? As I said I offered to go back and spray her this evening but she wants me to go on Weds but by then the tan will have faded a bit anyway. I would say it's also most definitely a complaint as after her last tan she added me on Facebook and looking at most of her posts she seems to be a bit of moaner :mad:. I think I am going to offer her £5 off of her next tan as a good will gesture as I don't feel that I have done anything wrong xx

Hi,

Some advice would be much appreciated… I tanned a client on Friday with my darkest shade Suntana Blackberry, which she has had before. She messaged me last night saying that she has showered & it’s really light, bearing in mind that I gave her three coats as she is a rather large lady and I didn’t want to miss anywhere, I find this really hard to believe. I have offered to re-spray her this evening either at my house or I said that I would go to her but she can’t make tonight. I said that I would really like to see how bad it is as maybe there is something wrong with the solution, she is now saying that she is tanned but she likes it to be REALLY dark. I mentioned that she’d had that shade before and she didn’t say anything about it being too light then? She said that it was quite light but she put it down to the fact that she thought she had showered too soon! I have now asked her why she didn’t mention this as I could have put some drops in to make it a bit darker, she hasn’t replied yet but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and how they dealt with it. I’ve been tanning for four years now and this is only the second time that somebody has complainedL

she may just be chancing it for a free one, its not your fault its that colour
even with extra layers the tan would still be the same
only thing to do for a darker tan would be spray, let them shower the next day then get a second one xxx

Yep, I think you're right, she is hoping for a free one! I use the blackberry Suntana shade on lots of clients & not one person has ever said that it's not dark enough, obviously on some it looks darker than others depending on their skin type but in my opinion any darker would look silly!

You can't please everyone, there are always going to be awkward customers and I suppose two in four years isn't bad going. :eek: xx

Latest posts

Back