Spray tan solution - do you use the same on yourself as clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
As we all know, there are lots of solutions but does everyone use the same solution on themselves as an advert,
or do you wear a different brand?:confused:

When I get tanned (& that is a real rarity as I have not trained my boyfriend to spray me propperly yet - he just doesn't seem to do what he's told :rolleyes:) I use my fast tan on myself.

Mainly because the experience of having the 6/8 hour one on drove me crazy, I didn't like the feeling at all. I can just about manage 2 hours with it on & thankfully that is enough colour for me as I'm very pale skinned.

I don't stock an 8% now as none of my clients wanted it, they all go for higher percentages and I think I would look too dark with a 10% on. I don't really think it matters if I'm tanned or not tbh, I still get plenty of tanning clients - if my colour is ever mentioned I just say 'I can't spray myself' & they laugh and agree.

I don't think it would look good to use a different product to tan yourself - it could look like you lack confidence in your solution but are happy to give your clients a lesser quality solution and therefore are giving them second best.

I have 3 different solutions as I find with different companies, there can be different results. I find Sienna x a brown colour (but this on my skin looks 'muddy' but on some of my clients it looks gorgeous. Nouvatan is a golden sunkissed colour, this suits my skin best and I use this for a more natural look, OMG is quite a bronzy colour, so this is good for people who want to look tanned as it's quite noticeable. I have just tried LA tanning (as baggybear has previously recommended this), so far I think I love it but have yet to do the fade off test, again like Sienna this is brown but doesn't seem as muddy on me. (thanks baggybear :)

i use Suntana on both myself and my clients, i love the natural looking colour it gives me and my clients do to i also love the scent from them.

I have 3 different solutions as I find with different companies, there can be different results. I find Sienna x a brown colour (but this on my skin looks 'muddy' but on some of my clients it looks gorgeous. Nouvatan is a golden sunkissed colour, this suits my skin best and I use this for a more natural look, OMG is quite a bronzy colour, so this is good for people who want to look tanned as it's quite noticeable. I have just tried LA tanning (as baggybear has previously recommended this), so far I think I love it but have yet to do the fade off test, again like Sienna this is brown but doesn't seem as muddy on me. (thanks baggybear :)

I know what you mean about different tans giving different results (brown, bronze, dirty looking and orange in my experience) When I first qualified I did a huge trial of solutions & I planned to stock 2 different brands of solution & a fast tan and but after the trial I decided to only stock LA Tan & my Organic fast tan as solution has a use by date and I couldn't afford to have to throw any away or have it go off because I hadn't used it.

When I have built my client base up enough that I'm buying in solution more often then I will consder stocking another solution. I already know that 'IF' I do it will be Nouvatan as this was the other tan from my trial that performed fabulously in all areas.

No complaints from any clients about LA Tan. Hope you like LA Tan as much as my clients do.

Yeah nouvatan and the organic rapid are my choice too but I think I'm actually in love with LA! Just waiting now to test the wash off :)

Latest posts

Back