Spray Tan that's NOT orangey?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok, PLEASE do not take offense.

BUT I've been looking at spray tans, seriously considering it as an additional service to offer.
BUT the more sites I look at, and the more brands, the more pictures.......the more everyone looks Orange:eek:

Is there one that is NOT orange?

I really like the idea of this service, and would like to see it take the place of tanning beds which are sooooooooooo bad for you.
And I've yet to hear of it in my neck of the woods, so I could really offer something UNIQUE.
BUT I can't in good conscience ask someone to pay me to make them orange. I just couldn't do it. If I can't paint myself that colour without cringeing at the idea, why would I do it to someone else?

So, if anyone has a brand, that doesn't make you look orange, with tonnes of pictures in GOOD lighting that show it's not orange...
I would greatly appreciate it.

(Ps: preferably by a company that does do business in Canada, I cant afford overseas shipping etc... freight blah blah, know what I mean?)

There are hundreds of tans out there and unfortunately you have to do your research to find the one that you like. I tried about 30 before i settled on one i liked, but theres more to it than the colour, price, fading, smell, how quick it dries, application colour etc. etc.
Its not just the tan that can make you go orange though its the person applying the tan if they put too high a % on.
I could reccomend a couple of tans I really like but its pointless as you may not like them.
If you have a look here you will find distributors and tanning techs who will be only too happy to help.

Spray Tan Fan

I agree, it really is down to personal choice! I was lucky and the first company I had a demo from ticked all the right boxes and so went with them. But it really is better to get people to demo for you rather than going on everyone else's word.

I would also say that a lot of tanning companies seem to be here today, gone tomorrow so in my opinion I would look for a company that has been around for a few years.

Also, for some reason, photos do tend to make a tan look more orangey than it is in real life so may not be a good guide for you.

Have a look at my article about choosing a spray tan company and it should help you decide what other factors are important to you too. good luck, it's a minefield out there!

I know you said it hasn`t really caught on in your town yet, but is there somewhere within access to you that you could go and try a few brands on yourself over the next couple of months? At least then you could see the real colour (not photo`s) and make you desision from that !!! xx

thanks for replies!

:hug:

Latest posts

Back