Spray tan - train with a brand or at a local college??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi ya

I've been qualified now for a year and my mobile business has been amazing from the very first day!! I really want to train in spray tans now.

As most people have suggested, I think it's probably best to get samples and decide which I like myself. BUT just wanting to know, obviously in order to do that I still need to buy a kit and do my training first. Would I be better training with a certain brand? Or training at a local college / beauty school where it is non product bias?

From reading some threads, the maximist 5008 machine seems popular?

Thanks and sorry it's yet another spray tan question xx

I have the maximist 5008 and it's fantastic :)) I did my course local to me as it was easier than trying to find a trainer locally for a specific brand...but I wasn't on salon geek at the time and u could prob find a very good trainer local to urself off of here :) I knew I wasn't going to use the solution that my training course used but I liked the course and got my certificate then went to my fav solution (Vani-T) and started advertising that! I bought my kit off of a different site altogether as there offer was very good. U can do things whichever way is easiest for u, personally I wouldn't say either way is better or worse Hun :) xxx

I have pm'd ya hun

There are differences in training regardless of if they are brand specific or not. To me unless i knew i wanted to spray with a particular brand, it wouldn't make any difference. As long as you can get insured afterwards (being accredited is a way to ensure this, but not always necessary), the trainer is qualified to train and is insured (you would be surprised how many aren't), and that you get plenty of bodies to spray tan on your course then you should be absolutely fine. You want to be sure that you will feel confident after your training to get straight out there and start earning straight away.
Even if you go for a branded training, you won't have to stay with that brand.
I hope that helps a little xxx

Latest posts

Back