Spray tan with acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownasaberry

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I 've got a new client who has very bad acne all over her face but none on her body.She wants me to give her a spray tan all over but am in two minds as to wether I should tell her that I cant spray her face as the tan will make her spots darker.Or maybe I should spray her face lightly and get her to purchase darker foundation?!I just dont know-I want to make her look good,I dont want her to look and feel worse after the treatment-she is adament that she wants an all over tan!?:rolleyes:

Your right it would make the spots appear darker but you could give her a light mist over the face so its not too dark, hth

Your right it would make the spots appear darker but you could give her a light mist over the face so its not too dark, hth

We do that in our salon, as long as you keep in light and dont over spray she will be ok. x

I would also check whether she is on any topical medication as this can have a funny effect on the spray tan also...xXx

If the acne is dry, you can ask her to put a spot of moisturiser on her dry spots, just before you spray. This helps to stop the tan clinging to her dry blemishes. If her acne is open and sore I would not spray her face. I know it will look odd, but open cuts/ wounds ect are contra indication x
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a client last week who had a spray tan but had acne on her face only, when i sprayed her face i sprayed it lightly and pulled the gun back further, and her tan looked lovely on her face, it didnt darken her spots at all and looked very natural, so as long as you do this everything will be fine.

xx

I had a client who had the worst acne I had ever seen.

Her doctor had suggested spray tanning to avoid her wearing heavy make up which was not helping the condition.

Over a 3 month period, with weekly spraying and medication her face was considerably better and she dropped to fortnightly sprays.

The spraytan disguised a lot of the more livid spots/scars on her skin and she felt able to go foundation which was definitely aggravating the condition.

I use Tantrick and cannot speak for other makes but it most certainly worked in this case.

Hi,
Great, thanks everyone.I did a light mist and it turned out fine.I think the moisturiser idea is good and the fact you can promote not having to wear foundation.My client was pleased so thats all that matters.

Latest posts

Back