Spray Tanning Advice - arms!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettypaws

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good "idiot proof" ways of spray tanning arms? I have a cubicle and find it really difficult to spray the arms without the client touching the sides of the tent and spoiling the other arm and then I end up missing a bit! I was taught to tan with the arms held out and then spray around them but it is very difficult in a tent. Also, do you spray your arms with the nozzle vertical or horizontal?

Any help would be great as I'm getting a bit of a phobia about it now.
icon_confused.gif

Nikki

Has anyone got any good "idiot proof" ways of spray tanning arms? I have a cubicle and find it really difficult to spray the arms without the client touching the sides of the tent and spoiling the other arm and then I end up missing a bit! I was taught to tan with the arms held out and then spray around them but it is very difficult in a tent. Also, do you spray your arms with the nozzle vertical or horizontal?

Any help would be great as I'm getting a bit of a phobia about it now.
icon_confused.gif

Nikki

I spray the arms when the client is facing sid ways and i hold onto their hand so move their arm where it is needed.

I dont get alot of overspray with my minimist though.

Thanks both of you. The video makes it look so easy. I seem to use 8% Tantrick solution on most of my clients but it has such a light guide colour that its really hard to see where I have sprayed even though I have plenty of daylight lamps. Do you think I've got it turned up enough? I seem to recall that the solution should just soak through to the otherside of a piece of couch roll? Sorry to go on.

Nikki

I agree that it can sometimes be difficult to see where you have already sprayed but it does come down to having a good routine so you know that you wont have missed anywhere.

Did you notice she was sprayed with no booth or backdrop & a bath mat
layed down to stand on ? Minimum to no overspray when you get it right

Adjusting the flow of the solution from the hand peice/spray nozzle will help alot & still give you good coverage & next to no overspray.

HtH

XX J XX

Hi there,
Click on this link to veiw the demo.
Not exactly the way I tan BUT shows you the ease of applying a professional spray tan.
Vani-T - Voted best spray tan in Australia. Innovative, 99% natural ingredients, 100% perfect spray tan. Spa quality formula.

The more I look at the girl being tanned the more she looks like Emma from the current Australian Big Brother/Big Emma house............... both Emma & Vani-t are based in Adelaide SA so it is possible??? :)

XX J XX

It is Emma from Big Brother, She did some modelling work for Vani-T :green:

Latest posts

Back