Yet another training advice question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doll.H

Reaction score
Hi everyone and sorry for what seems to be a popular issue.
My situation is I want/need spray tan training ASAP.
I am in the Somerset area but am willing to travel within reason.
I want the best training I can get with a decent starter set including all machinery and tent etc.
As for the tans themselves I know I can shop around a bit and see what suits and maybe have a few different ones in the salon.
So can any of you advise which company has the best training that offers it before September?
Of course it would be great if there tan was amazing too!
Have contacted both Xen-Tan and Sienna X with little help from either which doesn’t bode well to start.

Any advise greatly received. Thanks. ❤️

Thank you, any views or advice on LA Tanning? Their starter kits seem very cheap. The people at Nouvatan quoted about £420 for a basic starter kit inc training but the best kit with Extraction fan at LA Tanning was only around £350. It’s all far to confusing!

LA tan are an amazing company, there kits are great. I bought one of my machines from them, had an issue and they sorted it within a day. Their tan is nice too xx

LA tan are an amazing company, there kits are great. I bought one of my machines from them, had an issue and they sorted it within a day. Their tan is nice too xx
Thanks, without sounding totally thick. Are LA Tan and LA Tanning the same company?
Did you train with them too? x

Yes they are the same company. People just say LA tan for short. I didn't train with them, i trained with Nouvatan as i could do 1 to 1 training with them at my home, i had just had a baby a couple of weeks before so this suited me more than group training. I didn't like the solution though so used LA tan xx

Yes they are the same company. People just say LA tan for short. I didn't train with them, i trained with Nouvatan as i could do 1 to 1 training with them at my home, i had just had a baby a couple of weeks before so this suited me more than group training. I didn't like the solution though so used LA tan xx
Nouvatan have the best option for my training, so may go with them. I’m guessing I could switch out the lotion if I dont get on with it. Also presumably I could buy a LA Tan kit then train with Nouvatan? Thanks for your advice. Which liquids do you find the most popular? And does that change on the season? Deffo don’t want people walking out tangoed xx

You can certainly train witn Nouvatan and then buy your kit from LA. I like the brown range the best, it also has a really good guide colour which is perfect when new to tanning as it makes it easy to see where you are spraying. If you message them they will send you some free samples xx

Oh and i would say 10% brown 12%brown and 14% Disco are the solutions you will use xx

Oh and i would say 10% brown 12%brown and 14% Disco are the solutions you will use xx
Thanks for your advice ❤️ So much to take in at the moment xx

Thanks for your advice ❤️ So much to take in at the moment xx
Don't worry, it will all make a lot more sense once you've had your training xx

have you thought of asking your local beauty wholesalers which courses they do . The courses are generally very reasonable around £60 then you can use whichever spray tan you like once you have your knowledge application. Ellisons do a St Tropez course but i'm not sure if there is one near you. Hope this helps.

have you thought of asking your local beauty wholesalers which courses they do . The courses are generally very reasonable around £60 then you can use whichever spray tan you like once you have your knowledge application. Ellisons do a St Tropez course but i'm not sure if there is one near you. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I have a salon services near me but they stopped doing the tanning corses there. Nearest is about an hour or so away. Which isn’t a problem. I did contact them regarding a Siena x course but got no reply. x

I'm in North Somerset and I did my first course with Elite Beauty Academy. (Based in Banwell). They are acreddited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and are very flexible with course dates to suit you and you could well have a 1-1 course. The certificate is non-brand specific so you aren't tied to one brand. I wouldn't worry about trying to find a course that includes all the kit as you may be better off shopping around for that, although I agree LA Tanning are very competitively priced and will also send free samples for you to try x

Banwell? I wonder where they are, as it’s a tiny village.
I can remember it having a little shop and long tailbacks outside it where the road narrows significantly further ahead and you have to wait for traffic from the top of the hill to pass through.

Banwell? I wonder where they are, as it’s a tiny village.
I can remember it having a little shop and long tailbacks outside it where the road narrows significantly further ahead and you have to wait for traffic from the top of the hill to pass through.
Yes, Banwell High Street is still a real bottle neck for traffic! Elite Beauty Academy (run by Wendy Jessop) is between Banwell and Sandford, so not on the actual High Street. They used to be in Weston-super-Mare for years though x

I'm in North Somerset and I did my first course with Elite Beauty Academy. (Based in Banwell). They are acreddited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and are very flexible with course dates to suit you and you could well have a 1-1 course. The certificate is non-brand specific so you aren't tied to one brand. I wouldn't worry about trying to find a course that includes all the kit as you may be better off shopping around for that, although I agree LA Tanning are very competitively priced and will also send free samples for you to try x
Hi, I wasn’t aware you would be tied in if you trained with a specific brand, so that means if I trained with Nouvatan I wouldn’t be able to use LA Tan? I thought the machines would use any solution or is that because of legal/ insurance reasons sorry if I’m sounding thick. xx

Hi, I wasn’t aware you would be tied in if you trained with a specific brand, so that means if I trained with Nouvatan I wouldn’t be able to use LA Tan? I thought the machines would use any solution or is that because of legal/ insurance reasons sorry if I’m sounding thick. xx
Ah sorry, my comment is a bit missleading isn't it?! There's a chance some insurance companies might only insure you for the brand you've trained in but Salon Gold are fine and most the other big companies are as far as I'm aware so don't worry too much about that. Most tanners try many different brands and often offer more than one brand to clients. (I use Crazy Angel and LA Tan but haven't done training in either brand!)

What I meant to say was you won't feel any pressure to buy the brand you train with if it's non-brand specific. When I did my first training we used Sienna X, (even though it wasn't specific Sienna X training), but I find it too orangey so didn't buy it. X

Ah sorry, my comment is a bit missleading isn't it?! There's a chance some insurance companies might only insure you for the brand you've trained in but Salon Gold are fine and most the other big companies are as far as I'm aware so don't worry too much about that. Most tanners try many different brands and often offer more than one brand to clients. (I use Crazy Angel and LA Tan but haven't done training in either brand!)

What I meant to say was you won't feel any pressure to buy the brand you train with if it's non-brand specific. When I did my first training we used Sienna X, (even though it wasn't specific Sienna X training), but I find it too orangey so didn't buy it. X
Thanks for the reply
I’ve booked in with Nouvatan as they were the ones who seemed to have the best customer service of the companies that I contacted. Honestly I’m so surprised at the lack of contact from some of them. I’d heard great things about LA Tanning and contacted them a few days ago on their Facebook account and as yet no reply. I hope they do though as they were going to be one of the first companies I sampled. I have my training next week so will be looking to sample lots and everyone I know will be tanned! I use Sienna X lotion on myself ( the fast one ) and find it gives a lovely colour. I have seen a lot of people say on here they find it orange. Makes you wonder how they are so popular, unless people like being orange thanks again for your help. If you happen to know which tans have which base colours or know of a link to it that would be fab too. Thanks again ❤️ xx

Thanks for the reply
I’ve booked in with Nouvatan as they were the ones who seemed to have the best customer service of the companies that I contacted. Honestly I’m so surprised at the lack of contact from some of them. I’d heard great things about LA Tanning and contacted them a few days ago on their Facebook account and as yet no reply. I hope they do though as they were going to be one of the first companies I sampled. I have my training next week so will be looking to sample lots and everyone I know will be tanned! I use Sienna X lotion on myself ( the fast one ) and find it gives a lovely colour. I have seen a lot of people say on here they find it orange. Makes you wonder how they are so popular, unless people like being orange thanks again for your help. If you happen to know which tans have which base colours or know of a link to it that would be fab too. Thanks again ❤️ xx
It sounds like you've got a good plan! Good luck and I hope you enjoy your course, I'm sure you will!

If you search through previous threads on here you'll see that there is no perfect Tan that suits everybody because we all have different skin tones/types and also like different looks. Sienna X is an excellent high quality brand, it's just like any other, it won't suit every bodies skin tone. Sienna is definitely one of the golden tans which lots of people love, but naturally not everyone, some prefer a "browner" tan (if that makes sense?!). Crazy Angel is one of the golden ones too and some people find that too orangey, but I'm ok with it! So it really is down to personal preference and I think that's why a lot of us use more than one brand.

Have fun trying them all out! X

Latest posts

Back