Spray tanning advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliekpeak

Reaction score
Hi, I have been doing Spray Tanning for over a month now and use Nouvatan solution. I have sprayed a few of my clients with the 20% as they like to be dark and did one particular client last week. I did her again the other night (one week after) with the same % and she contacted me the next morning to advise once she had showered the tan completely washed away?? I also did someone else on the same day with 20% and they said it wasn't very dark at all?? I am very confused as the first lady loved her colour the first week. I am unsure as to what I have done wrong, I shook the bottle etc. Only thing I can think it is is that I sprayed to far away, but if anything I feel I sprayed to close?
I'm really worried that it is going to happen again and I will lose clients :(
Please can anyone offer some advise as to what it might be and how i can make my clients tans darker if the 20% is not enough for them. I did do my own legs with the 20% for the first time and also felt it wasn't very dark, if anything 16% was darker. I'm really confused by this, I know everyone skin is different but it shouldn't work one week and not the next!

Hi Julie, how long are you and your girls leaving the solution on for before they wash off??

Xxx

Hi Julie, how long are you and your girls leaving the solution on for before they wash off??

Xxx

Hi Jess, they both slept in it so was over 8 hours. One of them left it on for a day and a half before washing!

Hi Jess, they both slept in it so was over 8 hours. One of them left it on for a day and a half before washing!

Hmmmmmm how odd?!

I sometimes use the 20% as a rapid tan (they wash off after 3 hours) and it completely washes off but it still develops in time. But if they are leaving it on for that long & it's still not developing then it's very strange.

I don't think it could be down to how far away you sprayed, as long as you can see a guide colour and its a nice even spray then it shouldn't make a difference regarding it developing.p

Give dawn a call, she should be able to help you maybe. There fab :)

The only possible thing I can think of is if the client has started taking new medication in that last week, but it's been on your legs too so I'm not sure??

Oooohhhhh or....have you been keeping your solutution cool/room temp? If it gets warm then I expect the DHA would evaporate or something??

Tough one....I'm not sure, maybe some other geeks might know more, but in the 2 years that's I've been tanning, nothing like this has happened xxx

Hi, I have been doing Spray Tanning for over a month now and use Nouvatan solution. I have sprayed a few of my clients with the 20% as they like to be dark and did one particular client last week. I did her again the other night (one week after) with the same % and she contacted me the next morning to advise once she had showered the tan completely washed away?? I also did someone else on the same day with 20% and they said it wasn't very dark at all?? I am very confused as the first lady loved her colour the first week. I am unsure as to what I have done wrong, I shook the bottle etc. Only thing I can think it is is that I sprayed to far away, but if anything I feel I sprayed to close?
I'm really worried that it is going to happen again and I will lose clients :(
Please can anyone offer some advise as to what it might be and how i can make my clients tans darker if the 20% is not enough for them. I did do my own legs with the 20% for the first time and also felt it wasn't very dark, if anything 16% was darker. I'm really confused by this, I know everyone skin is different but it shouldn't work one week and not the next!
I've had similar where I was expecting the 20% to be really dark and it wasn't as dark as I thought.
I contacted Nouvatan and asked if there could have been a mix up with the bottles but they confirmed this wouldn't be the case.
I then tested on my daughter 16% on one leg and 20% on other and there was a clear difference between both on her (she's very pale skinned )
The ladies I had done are both darker skin toned so I've put it down to that.
You can buy booster dropped to increase the % for those that like it very dark, I've not tried yet but will be getting some in on my next order.

Latest posts

Back