Spray tanning and Dove soap experiment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcafc

Reaction score
Hi all, though some of you may be interested in my findings re Dove and stripping/fade off etc.. Using 12% Nouvatan on two willing friends on two occasions they have both washed their left leg with Dove soap daily and neither of them is any different apart from being slightly drier on the Dove leg for some reason, even though moisturiser had been applied twice daily to both legs. Both just wash 'pits 'n bits' on rest of body. A testament to Nouvatan maybe too. Interesting or do I just need to get out more? Cheers guys, Mick in freezing Norway.

Is this experiment to take TAN-OFF Mick lol

Last edited:
I thought it was the moisturising shower gel that was the problem?

I have always read and was taught never use Dove soap with a spray tan so thought I would see for myself, best way to learn. So I was surprised that nothing happened. Maybe its the Dove shower gel not soap, I will try that next for the hell of it. Its good to see results for yourself and not just what you are told. Have a good evening, Mick.

Some of the moisturising shower gels have built in oils , and anything oil related does tend to strip the tan quicker that's why oil free moisturiser is advised :)

Never had a problem with the dove soap only the dove shower gel x

I advise to avoid Dove products in general but the shower gel is one of the worst because I've been told that if used to wash off the guide colour it can take the tan off leaving it look like the tan didn't even take.

This has not happened to my clients & I've not tested the theory, I just tell my clients to use water or a simple soap or shower gel to wash their guide colour off to avoid washing their tan off. Then use an oil free moisturiser & simple soap or shower gel until it's time to have their next tan or exfoliate off their tan off.

I advise to avoid Dove products in general but the shower gel is one of the worst because I've been told that if used to wash off the guide colour it can take the tan off leaving it look like the tan didn't even take.

This has not happened to my clients & I've not tested the theory, I just tell my clients to use water or a simple soap or shower gel to wash their guide colour off to avoid washing their tan off. Then use an oil free moisturiser & simple soap or shower gel until it's time to have their next tan or exfoliate off their tan off.

amen to that missus :hug:

I advise people against Dove products purely because of their use of palm oil -a little bit because it'll ruin your tan but mostly because they're destroying the forests and making a lot of wild animals homeless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

What would you say is the best oil free moisturiser to use after a tan?

I use sienna x and highly recommend their radiance balm x I gave a sachet to everyone of my clients to prolong their tan x

Latest posts

Back