Spray tanning and pregnancy help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danibeauty

Reaction score
I'm in the early stages of pregnancy and I don't want to tell my boss yet is there any way I can get round doing spray tans for example will a mask help? If not then I will tell her but I am trying to avoid it for now as she has alot going on at the moment and finding out about my pregnancy might just push her over the edge...

I'm in the early stages of pregnancy and I don't want to tell my boss yet is there any way I can get round doing spray tans for example will a mask help? If not then I will tell her but I am trying to avoid it for now as she has alot going on at the moment and finding out about my pregnancy might just push her over the edge...

Speaking from experience of managing pregnant staff members you need to inform your boss, she has to keep your news confidential plus put extra measures in place to ensure your health and safety is looked after.

You must tell her, regardless of her personal issues.

Michelle x

Speaking from experience of managing pregnant staff members you need to inform your boss, she has to keep your news confidential plus put extra measures in place to ensure your health and safety is looked after.

You must tell her, regardless of her personal issues.

Michelle x

I need some dutch courage for this :rolleyes: thank you for your advice x

Why don't you contact the tan manufacturer when you can and ask their advice. I really feel for you as you obviously want to tell her when you're ready but at the same time you need to look after yourself and your little one. Good luck! xx

There is no proven danger to pregnancy from spray tanning, the contraindication about not spray tanning in the first trimester of pregnancy is not because there is anything in the solution that could possibly harm a developing foetus. Its because it just doesnt take,as the amino acids in the skin weaken during the first trimester.. hence the tan does not take.
But of course just because something hasnt been proven, and there have been no known cases of abnormality in unborn children proven to have been caused by spray tanning doesnt mean its not harmful. and you must do what you feel is the right thing to do :wink2:

Latest posts

Back