spray tanning by solgo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sally's training is fine. Work out your budget for how much you want to spend on equipment and like other posters have said, dont buy the equipment thru Sally's get it direct with Earlex. You do get what you pay for but it's a good starter kit. When you've built up a good tanning clientel then go for something better (cut down on the overspray). Solutions are a matter of preference. Most people have heard of St. Tropez and Fake Bake but thats about it. So you can use different ones and so you should. No one solution suits everyone. Try as many sample sizes as you can and evaluate them on the same people for things like longevity, fading and colouration. There's no doubt the better the equipment the better the end result, we've all seen some really dodgy orange streaky tans out there - just make sure you're not the one spraying them!
HTH

my training was free with the kit i bought. i have got Sun Junkie and i think they are really good. the equipment also looks nice. i think the machine from solglo is ugly and thats why i didn't buy it. stupid i know but its true.

Deb379 said:
http://www.solglo.com/ You can usually buy 3 bottles for the price of 2, and Sally's are supposed to stock it on their shelves I believe.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/menus_html/hvlp.htm HV3000 also available from argos £69. Earlex are extremely helpful if you need to talk to them.

I bought a pop up tent, and bought the earlex sprayer from argos for £60, rang earlex and changed the needle to a smaller one

Deb379
what size needle did you change it to?

also, which other soultions did you try? what were your thoughts?

whats the differance between the tantrick and earlex units? is it power or capacity? could you use any soloution in each?

You can use most solutions in both machines. The key is not spraying too much solution on the body and this is down to the machine. The Earlex is an HVLP very basic machine and even at its lowest setting, I found I had to spray about 18inches away from the body. This also generates quite a bit of overspray. I cant say about the MiniMist - I've never used it. I use the Whispermist and it does just that. Sprays a fine mist on the body, it is perfect, I love it. Solutions with a higher viscosity will prove difficult certainly in the Earlex, however there are only a few which are like this. This is why you need to try as many different solutions as possible. The more solution on the body the more likely you are to go orange, this and too high a DHA % are the biggest culprits.
HTH

hi just wondered what the outcome was, have ou done the training with them, was it good?

Cheers

my training is on monday wahoo:lol: also a bit :Scared: . i'll let you all know on monday how it went

Any of you guys using a normal compressor but with a HVLP gun???

:) hey i had training this morning and it was good. there was me and another girl there. we sprayed eachother and did ok i think. i am a bit too brown at he moment but it will develop ok (the trainer says)

gemmac said:
:) hey i had training this morning and it was good. there was me and another girl there. we sprayed eachother and did ok i think. i am a bit too brown at he moment but it will develop ok (the trainer says)

Glad you enjoyed it i had mine with them Laua her name was really nice

hey lisa lovely how did you get on?

have you got the kit? if you have where did you buy it from? sorry being nosey. i'm buzzing and just want to crack on and get tanning. lol

JOM said:
Any of you guys using a normal compressor but with a HVLP gun???

Bumping this one up as no answer to the question and I would be interested to know also.

TVM

gemmac said:
hey lisa lovely how did you get on?

have you got the kit? if you have where did you buy it from? sorry being nosey. i'm buzzing and just want to crack on and get tanning. lol

Hi sorry didnt see the thread im fine got my kit of ebay a girl was selling it but its fab works brill i use it on a low setting and have No overspray just slowly getting few bookngs now:)

i got my tent off of geekbay and my sray gun which is a solglo one off ebay. i am soooo excited about tanning wahoo.

Latest posts

Back