Spray Tanning-Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tayler xx

Reaction score
I really need help on trying to decide whether to do an online certified training course for spray tans. Should I do it?? This is what it says ...... Register and receive your own unique login details.

There are 6 modules to be completed, with questions to be answered at the end of each one.

You will have your own personal tutor whom you can call if you require help.

Access to HD videos will show you in detail how to apply a spray tan correctly.

At the end of the course there will be a final exam.

Upon completion an accredited certificate will be issued ensuring you will be able to obtain insurance.

Can someone give me advice should I do it as I've just had my spray tan kit delivered today & want to be qualified straight away 😬 xxx

I really need help on trying to decide whether to do an online certified training course for spray tans. Should I do it?? This is what it says ...... Register and receive your own unique login details.

There are 6 modules to be completed, with questions to be answered at the end of each one.

You will have your own personal tutor whom you can call if you require help.

Access to HD videos will show you in detail how to apply a spray tan correctly.

At the end of the course there will be a final exam.

Upon completion an accredited certificate will be issued ensuring you will be able to obtain insurance.

Can someone give me advice should I do it as I've just had my spray tan kit delivered today & want to be qualified straight away 😬 xxx

Where abouts are you? Your profile isn't filled in. I'm trying to help you as best I can as you have posted a few tanning questions.

I would say if you can do a practical course with a proper trainer that would be better for you. I train people in tanning and I still get texts and calls after their training and
Able to help. Would u get continued support? How will you complete the practical training?! I personally don't like any online training but it is there if people need it x

Yeah but then if people are still texting & calling you then obviously their still stuck on a few things so if I'm stuck on a few things it will just be the same really it would be different if you went to a proper spray tanning course & you didn't have to text/call your tutor but obviously people are still contacting you afterwards so if I had to do that it would make no difference either way x

Yeah but I'm meaning a good way to ask people if they would like a free spray tan as im practising , whats the best thing I could say to them? X

That wasn't my point. My point was as you tan you will learn and discover things along the way. You might get nasty surprises perhaps. So I have had students ring and say "oh has this ever happened.. What shall I do" and they get a response in minutes!

Well a good way would be "I have now competed my training and would like a little practice" in all honesty after completing a proper tanning course I don't think you would be too worried about messing up! It isn't rocket science x

Yeah I know but obviously I might not be perfect if I have only just completed a spray tanning course ! X

Yeah I know but obviously I might not be perfect if I have only just completed a spray tanning course ! X

No but you really wouldn't worry so much. I genuinely believe I could have you spraying the perfect spray tan in a couple of hours. Ok there may be some surprises... I learn as I go too but it's so much easier if someone is teaching you one on one, face to face x

I have watched tons of videos on spray tanning also I know loads about it now a few weeks ago I knew nothing . I'm really after the qualification so I have the certificate , at the end of this course theirs an exam etc .. x

I have watched tons of videos on spray tanning also I know loads about it now a few weeks ago I knew nothing . I'm really after the qualification so I have the certificate at the end of this course theirs an exam etc .. x

I give up! I told you my opinion x you need to do what's right for you. Good luck

Yeah but everyone is different your seeing it from your point & I'm seeing it from mine x

Can you really learn how to spray tan from Youtube? Surely it cant be that easy.

Who says it was from YouTube ? Also as Proper Princess says its not rocket science . I used DVDs too x

Last edited:
Fortunately for me I'm right. I run a successful beauty business and tan successful tanners. I've gone out of my way to answer ALL of your questions (why you didn't get your answers from YouTube is baffling) but quite frankly my advice is falling on deaf ears and I find your attitude rather rude. Good luck for the future. I for one won't be answering you within minutes of salon geek when a client turns green, the tan runs, your gun leeks, the tan doesn't take or you want to make a 10 percent out of 8 and 12 x

Who says it was from YouTube ? Also as Proper Princess says its not rocket science

No it's not... But it does require training, skill and knowledge!

What so because I've watched a few videos its straight off YouTube ? I actually have DVDs on it so your a little mistaken an I'm greatful for you answering all my questions but to say I'm rude ? All because I said I didnt see the difference in online spray tanning & practical . Everyone has their opinion & you certainly did !

What so because I've watched a few videos its straight off YouTube ? I actually have DVDs on it so your a little mistaken an I'm greatful for you answering all my questions but to say I'm rude ? All because I said I didnt see the difference in online spray tanning & practical . Everyone has their opinion & you certainly did !

I could TELL you the difference but you already made up your mind. You were looking for reassurance on the online course. I couldn't give it to you. What I would suggest is to ring la tanning and discuss it with them! You asked for opinion and advice. I gave it to you.

You really need to go on a practical course, if you've already bought a kit the training really isnt expensive compared.

You've watched youtube but you ask alot of tanning questions which your tutor will be able to answer & actually show you if you are doing something wrong or there is a better way to do it. They will also show you the correct settings for your gun. You should receive a manual to refer to if you get stuck.

Alot of us have paid for this training which is why we advise you to do the same.

You then have a reliable person to call upon should something go wrong in the future.

They will tell you how much solution to use, if they need spraying once or twice & show you their tried & tested routine.

You are wanting a practical qualification, I don't see how you can pass a practical qualification if nobody is there to assess you perform the treatment.

Start as you mean to go on, get the qualification, insurance, practice, advertise & then charge people for your excellent tanning skills...😊

Good luck xx

Taylor, good luck with your course and career. Best wishes x

You can do a course for as cheap as £30. I'd recommend just attending one.

Latest posts

Back