Spray tanning on sensitive skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glimmer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am gathering people to practice my spray tanning on after I have done my training, and one lady would like a tan done but has sensitive skin. I am hoping that they will teach us about skin types and skin conditions on my course, but does anyone mind telling me if sensitive skin is ok for tans? I don't want to tell this lady wrong or say I can do it and then not be able to. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

You should definitely cover skin types, skin conditions and contra-indications in your training.

Does your sensitive skin model know what she has allergies to? That will ascertain what product you can use on her.

They told me in my training that most tans are suitable for sensitive skin, but you can do a patch test with a little bit of tan on couch roll or something then dab it on the inside of your elbow to see if there is any reaction. Don't know if this is the best advice but what I was told anyway :). Hope your tans are fab! x

Good advice above. Inside elbow or back of knee is perfect for patch testing on sensitive skins

Great thanks so much. How long should I leave between doing the patch test and the tan?

Great thanks so much. How long should I leave between doing the patch test and the tan?

I would try to do it the day before she is booked in to be really sure however, most people react fairly quickly if they have an allergy (usually within an hour or 2 max).

Latest posts

Back