spray tanning over another brand tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectbeauty

Reaction score
Hi

a lady has rung tonight her daughter had a spray tan today at lunch time today (by someone else not me) and is not happy with the result after she has showered

not sure what brand tan is on her or how bad it is - she only said it is not very dark and a little patchy but I have never sprayed over another brand tan before and not sure if it will be ok

basically am asking if you would say yeah or nay to this and what possible outcomes could I have by spraying her 1 day later with a different brand

(if i tan her again it wont be untill 9pm tomorrow night)
thanks in advance

x

I dont think there would be any problem spraying her one day later with a different brand but I dont think it will be easy to cover the patches depending how bad they are, and you dont know what the colour will turn out like, normally double dipping causes the tan to be darker and she already thinks its too dark doesn't she? spraying over her existing tan with a light solution probably wont do much to hide the colour she already has?

Never done it so I dont really know, just guessing! I suppose if she really doesnt like the colour she has nothing to lose by trying!

Hi

a lady has rung tonight her daughter had a spray tan today at lunch time today (by someone else not me) and is not happy with the result after she has showered

not sure what brand tan is on her or how bad it is - she only said it is not very dark and a little patchy but I have never sprayed over another brand tan before and not sure if it will be ok

basically am asking if you would say yeah or nay to this and what possible outcomes could I have by spraying her 1 day later with a different brand

(if i tan her again it wont be untill 9pm tomorrow night)
thanks in advance

x

Are you sure this customer understands how things work in that with individuals whose development time is slow that it is quiet normal to go lighter immediately after a shower until the underlying tan starts to fully develop...how soon after application did she shower and did she exfoliate properly prior to the tan?

Usually spraying over a different brand is nothing to get to worried about( -provided any initial colour guide is washed off of course.)and should be treated very much as if your spraying over a tan you have previously applied being careful of course to blend in any light/dark areas or patches

In an ideal world you really shouldn't spray over any tan as its best to start with a clear canvas....that's the ideal world however I can understand why an individual wearing a poorly applied or horrible looking tan wants it remover or covered up as soon as is possible.

If her last tan has come out patchy that indicates that this customers pre tan prep has not been up to scratch or that she could be on medication,pregnant or its the wrong time of the month so to make sure you don't have the same outcome with her have a good talk on the phone about these things as soon as you can.

Weather you should respray or not im afraid is a call you can only make once you have seen her for yourself,talked to her about the issues above ,warned her of possible outcome problems resulting from a second application so soon,make sure you feel comfortable about things and select the right DHA concentration for her skin type.

I would probably drop a % for the respray so as to avoid possible DHA overload problems...I.E. if she normally has a 10% reduce to an 8% just to be on the safe side.

thanks both for replies

what you said is what i was thinking but just needed reassurance :hug:

so will see what she looks like tonight and then make a decision

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back