Spray Tanning Party - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyMills

Reaction score
Hi tanning geeks!!!

I have the Maximist XL which i bought from suntana...sadly last time i sprayed 3 clients it cut out midway through (overheated!) Suntana were fab and sent me a new one pretty quickly..but now i'm scared to do this spray tan party thats come up.

I have 10 people to spray tan - maybe more. Is this machine suitable for that amount of applications in a couple of hours?

Can you tell me your technique when doing parties like how long you leave the machine between each tan etc.

Every bit of help would be much appreciated!

Kels x

This should have coped so you may have had a faulty machine, I only leave enough time for next person to step in or to change solution cup. Nothing much you can do but take a chance and hope its ok, it could happen to anyone :(

check with your supplier before to see what they recommend

Last edited:
Thanks Debs - its made me panick now. I will speak to Suntana tomorrow and see what they say. The reason i bought the model was because i thought it could handle parties! x Fingers crossed! :D x

I have the maximist and have sprayed 10 girls one after the other with only a minute between each client and haven't had any problems.
Depending on when the party is, you could simulate it to put your mind at rest that it wont overheat and cut out.
x

Thanks so much!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no iv just read this and gone into panic mode!! I have booked a spray tan party for 6 maybe more, i only have a maximist lite the smallest one as i do mobile its easy to cart about, does anyone know if my machine will find this too much? Talking of spray tan parties aswell, do you offer extras? Its my first one and im nervous, not sure what someone expects from a tan party as i havent even been to one! Help!! Xx

Maximist XL should have no problems at all in doing the 10 tans one after the other. It's the same base machine as the 5008 and the newer TS50 machines.

Oh no iv just read this and gone into panic mode!! I have booked a spray tan party for 6 maybe more, i only have a maximist lite the smallest one as i do mobile its easy to cart about, does anyone know if my machine will find this too much? Talking of spray tan parties aswell, do you offer extras? Its my first one and im nervous, not sure what someone expects from a tan party as i havent even been to one! Help!! Xx

I believe the Maximist lite will do 3 tans in a row then needs 20 mins to cool down or you risk burning out the motor and breaking the machine totally. If you were to turn the machine off after every tan and take your time getting the clients barrier cream on and give them instructions on how to stand etc.. then turn the machine on again you might get the 6 tans done without breaking the machine. I would try to make sure you rest the machine at any given chance as it is only sold as a machine that can do 10 tans a day unlike the Maximist Xl, the 5008 or the TS50 that are capable of tanning all day long if needed to.

Latest posts

Back