Spray tanning room and to much solution!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hi guys
i have a separate spray tanning room in my salon it is done with tiles walls and floor it is great cause you can give it a good scrub at end of day but betwwen clients i'm finding a bit of a problem esp as the tan i;m going to use instead has more guide colour(moving from autumn gold tantrick to the new organics from tantrick), I have a exxtractor fan built into room i seriously also realise i'm using to solution approx 60 to 70ml per person and yes i double spray:o:o i know your not meant to but any time i done one coat i got feedback to was not the same. Any tips guys on using less solution and quick fixes to keep my room fresh between clients.

Turn your dial down!!:D I use 30ml max per person and I double spray too...

lol!!!have done mrs guess i need to turn it down more. what solution u use?
:D

my cup has no measurements so i can never tell how much exactly, has yours got measurements?

Sienna X but trialing loads at the moment, It's looking like I will be using A-Tan pretty soon :D, doesn't matter what solution I use though, I always use around the same amount.

Turn your gun down until it wont spray anything, then gradually increase it by a tiny bit each time while testing it out on couch roll, when you have it spraying out onto the couch roll but not soaking through it, just enough to see the colour, then this should be right.

I marked my dial with red nail varnish at the 12 o'clock position when fully closed, and I would say that turning it anti-clockwise it is normally at around 25 mins to when it sprays correctly? I have the Minimist T200... I dont open any more than that or it sprays much too wet. Make sure you spray reasonably close to skin too, about 6-8 inches should be fine :D x

A couple of my cups have measurements, the other one doesnt. You could always measure out say 100ml into a jug, do your tan, then tip the remainder back into the jug to see what you have used :idea:

I use about 50ml but havent been spraying too long so hoping to get down to 35 when I am more confident :)

cheers jaffa,have never tried a tan. Have you tryed the new tantrick organic the 8 is lovely but 12 i didnt like as much it is more expensive than the other tantrick but i guess that cause its like a body treatment as well. hard to get one your totally happy with aint it?:D

Tell me about it! lol, no, haven't tried the Tantrick one, have tried loads of others though! Think I am just too fussy! :o

Try the A-tan, I am impressed with it so far... only sprayed it a couple of days ago and still got to see fade off but haven't read a bad word about it on spray tan supermarket forum, funny that it never gets a mention on here?...

Lovely guide colour, nice developed colour... fingers crossed for the fade and I can finally sleep at night again!! lol :eek: :D

I use Suntana and use about 50-60 per tan. The guide on my bottle says 50 is around the right amount but could I be using too much, should I be aiming for less than 50?!?!
x

I would say so, but I know other companies suggest 50ml, but the more you use the more you spend eh ;)...

There is no need to saturate the client with solution, they will still develop a nice tan if you sprayed 35 or 40ml and it's more profit in your pocket instead of all over the inside of the tanning tent :D

Thats a relief thought I was using way too much spray! I suppose it will go down as I get a bit more competent!

Latest posts

Back