Spray tanning without exfoliating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kextensions

Reaction score
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has ever spray tanned anyone who hasn't exfoliated or shaved beforehand?

What was the outcome?

Hi

I just wondered if anyone has ever spray tanned anyone who hasn't exfoliated or shaved beforehand?

What was the outcome?

dodgey :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't bother to exfoliate for a spray tan (practice sessions at college), my legs went patchy a day after wash off. It looked like I had a strange skin condition lol. I have quite dry shins so the skin flaked off taking some of the tan with it.

If they haven't shaved & don't intend to, no issue.

If they haven't shaved, want a tan, then plan on shaving afterwards thats a no go. It will end up patchy.

For best results it is good to follow the usual pre tan advice.

The only thing that will happen is the person who did the tan will get blamed if the tan doesn't last as long, doesn't look as good, or went patchy.

It doesn't take long to do, so no excuses really. If its been left last minute IF someone was wanting a same day appt Id tell them to do prep in the morn & tan as late as poss that evening.

Xx

Yeah there's no point in tanning if a client is going to shave after, it will look awful and be a waste of time tbh.

If the client is just wanting the tan for 1 night/day, say a party or occasion then no exfoliating wouldn't be a problem, although it's a bad idea if they want the tan to last for as long as possible.

X.

Thank you.

The reason I asked is because I trained yesterday with whitetobrown and I was thinking of doing ladies pamper evenings to offer tanning and advertise my extension business at the same time.

I'm aware of the pre post routine but wondered if you can get exfoliating wipes to do on the evening or is this a bad idea?

Thank you.

The reason I asked is because I trained yesterday with whitetobrown and I was thinking of doing ladies pamper evenings to offer tanning and advertise my extension business at the same time.

I'm aware of the pre post routine but wondered if you can get exfoliating wipes to do on the evening or is this a bad idea?

Bad idea, if the tan doesnt last, or goes patchy it isnt a good advertisement for your business. Xx

Thank you.

in order to prevent possible problems with tan outcomes it is most advisable to undertake pre tan prep fully and properly
short cuts can invariably lead to problems...problems are something you really don't want

HTH

I spoke to my trainer today and she said I can use there sunless remover wipes before the tanning treatment to rub off unwanted products

Yes but again it isnt ideal, clients forget what they've sprayed where, just how much deodorant they have put on, or their watch/necklace that has spread their perfume around the wrist/neck. Then there is hair spray on the shoulders, hand cream, etc

Ive had all these and many more when I was salon based and customers were just lying saying they had done prep, or nipped to the sink for a 'quick wash'. When these areas turn green it is pretty obvious what has happened but bar stopping letting the client go and have a shower there is nothing you can do.

Ive been offered to do ladies pamper evenings at schools and I have said only if clients pre book and I can have their contact details to ensure correct prep. As it really is key with tanning.

Try the wipes, try the quick sink wash, but in my personal experience it only causes issues with the end result.

Sometimes its best to learn from your own trial & error though.

Xx

Thank you for advice. I think correct prep is key to a longer lasting tan so I'll only offer by appointment x

From time to time I will get one of my regulars go green under there arms and then they never forget to prep correctly ever again lol. But I'm lucky they are my regulars and are fully aware of what the tan looks like with correct prep before hand :)

If somebody wanted to book a party could you not just send them all the prep info and ask them to forward it to everyone attending the party? You could design a little eflyer with all the info on and even include some little pics of what it looks like if prep is not done like patchy legs of green underarms, that way everybody who goes to the party has had the correct info and should do the prep x

Latest posts

Back