Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedifan

Reaction score
Hi, I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum.

Could anyone please tell me how physical doing a Spray tan is? I have watched videos but I cant tell from those.

I am about to book my Training but I am worried I wont be able to cope as I haven't been very well in the past, I have Sacroliitis, which is kept under control with a steroid injection, at the moment the injection is wearing off so I have a little pain which is making me doubt myself.

I dont want to waste my money buying a kit and paying for training, but at the same time I really really want to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Are you going to be mobile or home bases? For mobile, the kit is heavy. Even for home based you will be standing for about 15-20 mins, I move quite alot in my tans, bending down and checking all around but some other geeks on here might have ways around that xx

Thanks Emj, I would be mobile for the moment, as I am not beauty trained at all so I cant work in a salon, but I was planning on buying a bag with wheels to get around.

I think it's the crouching down which worries me, as I cant. So if I could maybe bend down but not crouch I may be okay.

Is the gun heavy?

Maybe I should just book the training but not buy the kit until I know I will be okay then I would only be wasting the training fee if I cant do it.

Iv'e waited years to get my condition under control so that I can do something in beauty and Spray tanning really does appeal to me, but I am worried about it all, mainly because it's a lot of money to us.

It is so hard to know what to do.

It depends what system you buy, I've worked in a salon which had a small airbrush machine which was small but on the heavy side. My machine is an airbrush with a compressor and its so heavy! I wheel it in a suitcase but have to crouch down to lift it. What about getting it in and out of the car? You don't particularly have to crou h down, I'm sure you could bend , that's just the way I do my tans personally. Maybe go on training and like you said, hVe a look at different kits and products. Xx

The gun isn't heavy, but check before you buy. As for movement, when I spray my colleagues I only move up and down. You could take a small stool to sit on for doing the legs etc... Saves crouching. X

I do crouch down, to do the legs, my tent & equpitment isn't heavy & my fake bake gun has a shoulder strap so the compresser is across my body whilst spraying. You will need to bend down to pack away your tent. Id personally either go on training or have a mobile tan yourself & see how much kit there is etc. I do find tanning parties make my arm ache though. Xx

Thanks ladies, I think that I will book the training and take it from there x

Latest posts

Back