Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
I feel a bit stupid writing this, I added spray tanning to my business about a year ago and I've done quite a lot, especially this time of year.
My issue is not being able to see the finished result. I do the tan, check the guide colour all looks even and then run through the aftercare with the client.
I've never had a complaint,, I get repeat business and sometimes even a text the next day to say they love it.
Still, every time I do one, I spend the day with it worrying me in case there is a problem.
With nails, waxing, etc I can see it and ensure it's good before I leave, with tanning that obviously can't be done. Is this normal, does anyone else get this or am I just a natural worrier/control freak? Haha. My friends always tell me I'm too hard on myself but I can't help it. Xxx

Best to get spray tans yourself frequently then you'll know the difference between a good spray and if you have done something/client has done something wrong.

Hi oasis, I'm exactly the same. I worry myself stupid from the time the client leaves. Xx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too lol x

I used to worry about this but if u r getting repeat business and clients are recommending you then there's nothing to worry about. X

I do this aaalllll the time, particularly because iv only been doing spray tans for about 3 months. If a client doesn't re book or I don't here from them I'm always thinking "omg they didn't like it" or "it must have been streaky" but realistically none of the tans that I have seen afterwards ie family or friends have ever been streaky lol. I think we are just hard on ourselves.
Whenever I get repeat custom or a recommendation or a good review it gives you a confidence boost but then worries always start to creep back in..
One thing I have found that does help, is I often ask clients - if they are happy to - to send me a picture after wash off to use on my Facebook page or to post directly on my page, this way I get to see how it turned out, and it's good advertisement on my business page.

If the clients are returning you must be doing something right. Why not ask them to send you a pic for facebook page? You could do a before and after to see the difference and it might drum up some more clients as well as putting your mind at rest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Means that you care about your work!!

I still do worry after years of tanning!! Whenever I have a new client I always say I am happy to come back and touch up if there are any problems, or if the colour isn't dark enough. Then the next morning I always send a courtesy message to all of my clients asking if they enjoyed their treatment. This way if there are any probs they can always tell me before they tell someone else.

I always follow up with a text or message the day after, that way I know if the or happy or not. It has worked out that I have had to revisit a couple of people but at least they are happy with my service and will re-book! I am mobile and I don't do any other treatments so I appreciate if you are busy or work in a salon doing sprays all day, it may not be doable. I personally like to have the feedback :) xxx

Hi, so if you go back the next day do you just touch up or completely spray them again?

I follow up all my appointments with a quick text a couple of days later just asking if everything is ok and they were happy with the treatment #serenebeautytherapy

I feel a bit stupid writing this, I added spray tanning to my business about a year ago and I've done quite a lot, especially this time of year.
My issue is not being able to see the finished result. I do the tan, check the guide colour all looks even and then run through the aftercare with the client.
I've never had a complaint,, I get repeat business and sometimes even a text the next day to say they love it.
Still, every time I do one, I spend the day with it worrying me in case there is a problem.
With nails, waxing, etc I can see it and ensure it's good before I leave, with tanning that obviously can't be done. Is this normal, does anyone else get this or am I just a natural worrier/control freak? Haha. My friends always tell me I'm too hard on myself but I can't help it. Xxx

Indeed spary tans are one of the few treatments where you don't actually see the final results and it is a worry if everything goes well once the initial colour guide is washed off...of course add to that, especially with rapid tans,you are relying on the client to stick to the post application maintenance regimes

There is not a lot more you can do that you are already doing and given you haven't had any complaints then you have done your job well

Its good to have an element of worry in your mind however don't let it take over ...trust in yourself more...especially given that you haven't had any complaints thus far :hug:

I follow up all my appointments with a quick text a couple of days later just asking if everything is ok and they were happy with the treatment #serenebeautytherapy

How do you word your text??

Tara Louise Tans x

Latest posts

Back