Spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslanaowens

Reaction score
Hi! I'm wanting to offer spray tans & looking into courses but wanted to know which brands you guys thought were the best out there & why...

TIA x

I havent really tried a variety of brands but i have tried suntana and also La tan which La tan i am currently using and will be sticking with, gives a lovely brown tan x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

When you are picking a course try and make sure you take a fully accredited course to ensure you can get insurance for your treatment afterwards.

I use and train Nouvatan. It's the best tan I've used.

there are so many different options out there for sure and of course it is sensible to opt with a provider that offers accredited training but one thing worth considering is looking at your business strategy

are you top end or tan em and go kind of deal ...what is the competition like in your area....there really is no point going with a brand that is already saturated in your local area.

It is good to be different and goes some way in avoiding pricing price wars with your local competitors

there is a small seaside town near me in Essex that are mostly using the same low end brand...they are now offering spray tans for a tenner and still aren't busy WTF how stupid is that :eek:

The one salon that is using a higher end organic brand :wink2: and is given exclusivity for that town is charging twenty five pounds and has a good client base and busy salon

To be different is to be smart and work less for more :idea:

HTH and good luck with your search

I use and train Nouvatan. It's the best tan I've used.

oohhh i just got some samples from nouvatan it has come highly recommended! i was trained in st tropez which i love, so im hoping its on par or better! it smells lovely!

Totally agree with the above post!

I am a Hairdresser and wanted to offer tans aswell as an add on rather than just do tanning on it's own as a business .

I trialled nouvatan, la tan, omg and spa tan. Nouvatan was lovely but I thought the clients wouldn't want to pay over the odds for a tan aswell as a hair service. I also liked la tan you buy 1 litre and get 1 free but a lot of girks were offering it in the area for pittance. omg was far too orange and very heavy. Spa tan was recommended to me as my friends sister runs the company that provides it. You can choose the % and the scent and it's amazing value. It fades off well and colour is gorgeous. It keeps costs down which clients love.

I would highly recommend Nouvatan. My clients love it.

Sunless Solutions. Excellent product, fantastic kit (including the Tan In Tent) and wonderful 1-2-1 training by fabulous tutors in my own home. Can't recommend enough x

Thanks for the feedback guys - really appreciate it. Someone else has recommended "white to brown" - have you guys any knowledge on this brand too? Xx

My advice would be trial 3 or 4 brands and make your own decision xx

I did my training with sunless solutions last weekend and it was brilliant I love the product! Xx

Thanks for the feedback guys - really appreciate it. Someone else has recommended "white to brown" - have you guys any knowledge on this brand too? Xx

I use White to Brown and I love it. Fabulous colour, fades great, lovely smell and a good range of retail products (the bodywash is AMAZING!) x

Tara Louise Tans x

When i first started out in tans i tried a lot of different ones. But my clients prefer Spa Tan , looks like a natural tan smells great and never goes streaky, and fades evenly as well.

I started using la tan and ran out one day nipped to my wholesalers and bought a different one from there, now I've never looked back - Tanworx it smells amazing, colour turns out lovely too a nice brown based colour xxx

When i first started out in tans i tried a lot of different ones. But my clients prefer Spa Tan , looks like a natural tan smells great and never goes streaky, and fades evenly as well.

I LOVE spa tan x

I recently trained in MorrocanTan and I absolutely love it. And with my clients I can guarantee them they will NOT go orange unlike the many other tans I have had. X

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I also use Moroccan Tan, I love it and so do my clients! Lovely colour!!

It really is, I wanted to test the whole no orange theory so had the 15% and I am quite pale naturally and I went a lovely colour :) x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back