SSW - Does rubbing your eyes cause wrinkles?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is also, you lose collegen as you get older and wouldn't this lead to wrinkles? Is there any safe way to replace collegen without the shots?

I read today in a Magazine it should be a small amount of cream on the eyes... no bigger than a pea!

It was relating to Puffy eyes and putting too much cream on them.. which actually makes them worse...
Well I have done this but with a size of a piece of rice of moistuizer around the eyes..and it works! I don't look like a bullfrog anymore. thank you for your input.

Give this a try,http://www.bellesante.co.uk/platinum.shtml.We use this in our salon and it's "without the shots".HTH
BABSann: I am not a skin tech..LOL:lol:

So what advice would you give to someone who has allergies? I have a variety of allergies which means that I am constantly rubbing my eyes, despite medications, and although I don't have lines yet (not bad for 37!!) I do have slightly 'baggy' eyes. I put this down to all the rubbing.:irked:

I confess I don't use an eye cream/gel daily because I haven't yet found one I really like but when I do use one I only ever use my ring finger and tap. :)

Using an eye gel in the morning is a good way to soothe them if they feel sore.what allergies do you have? if you suffer from itchy eyes and are constantly rubbing them maybe a visit to the gp for a decent anti histamine is on the cards. from experience, allergies have taken their toll on the skin around my eyes and they get very dry from the rubbing (= sore) and so anti hisamine taken first thing in the morn was invaluable.:)

Well I have done this but with a size of a piece of rice of moistuizer around the eyes..and it works! I don't look like a bullfrog anymore. thank you for your input.

BABSann: I am not a skin tech..LOL:lol:
I wasn't saying you were chuck,I was suggesting you read the link and see about having a treatment at a salon near you,fantastic results and as I said without any needles.

The treatment can work in areas that you are concerned with,i.e eyes,forehead,mouth.HTH

Using an eye gel in the morning is a good way to soothe them if they feel sore.what allergies do you have? if you suffer from itchy eyes and are constantly rubbing them maybe a visit to the gp for a decent anti histamine is on the cards. from experience, allergies have taken their toll on the skin around my eyes and they get very dry from the rubbing (= sore) and so anti hisamine taken first thing in the morn was invaluable.:)

OK asthma, eczema, hayfever, dust mites, cats, dogs....etc etc:rolleyes:
I do have an anti histamine and various others things too but am and pm my eyes just have to be rubbed!:lol: I guess I should also invest in a good eye gel and use it regularly.

OK asthma, eczema, hayfever, dust mites, cats, dogs....etc etc:rolleyes:
I do have an anti histamine and various others things too but am and pm my eyes just have to be rubbed!:lol: I guess I should also invest in a good eye gel and use it regularly.
Pure you sound like me.Make sure you use your nose spray first thing,plus eye drops and take your anti histamines regularly.

It's crucial that you get up and take everything immediately,keep your windows closed in the summer,wear sunglasses all day,everyday.

I have a ceiling fan in the spring/summer as it gets unbearably hot,but if I open a window well....it's just not worth the hassle.

I do have to be careful with my eyedrops now as I have found that they aggrevate my exzema.But if I take eyedrops and tablets and follow everything I have mentioned this does help.hth

Pure you sound like me.Make sure you use your nose spray first thing,plus eye drops and take your anti histamines regularly.

It's crucial that you get up and take everything immediately,keep your windows closed in the summer,wear sunglasses all day,everyday.

I have a ceiling fan in the spring/summer as it gets unbearably hot,but if I open a window well....it's just not worth the hassle.

I do have to be careful with my eyedrops now as I have found that they aggrevate my exzema.But if I take eyedrops and tablets and follow everything I have mentioned this does help.hth

I know I could do things better than I do, but for instance my eye drops are meant to be used 4 times a day - well I just forget! And I hate sleeping with the window closed, even in the middle of winter. So I am probably my own worst enemy. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back