St Tropez - After Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
i am just about to go and have a Brazilian done and I know you are not supposed to do a St Tropez until 24 hours after waxing.. BUT I really want to do one before my holiday. What harm do you think it could do if I was to do it early?? I think it is something to do with it getting in the pores??

hi,
you shouldn't put anything like fake tan on to freshly waxed skin, as you obviously already know lol! it is the hair follicles that it would get into rather than the pores. each follicle would be like a tiny little wound (cos it's just had a hair ripped out of it!) and so the areas waxed are much more sensitive to products etc and infection. if you did have it done you may end up with a rash or little spots on the waxed area where the skin is more sensitive.

is it just your bikini fuzz that you're having waxed? cos maybe you could have your st tropez done and just avoid the area with bridget jones knickers?!

No I am having a Brazillian might look a little strange in my Bikini with these big white patches (nice idea though), I knew the answer really but me being me just thought I might be able to get away with it - ah well milk bottle body here I come.

Why not wait until it is safe to use fake tan and get some Johnson & Johnson 'Holiday Skin' its available at most chemists and supermarkets. I used this on holiday and it's great - a body lotion with a bit of fake tan in it. IMO better than St.Tropez. Absolutlely no streaking and a great colour - just make sure you rub in well and don't put too much on in any application.

Have a great holiday!:Grope: :smack:

just wanted to add my experience!
my big sis works with me, and as she waxes, and i do st tropez, we've had a coupla go's with combining the two!

personally i would tan after waxing, cos i know that my skin isnt particularly sensitive, and as long as the skin doesnt seem to have reacted post-wax, thenn i'd go for it!

the only prob you might find, is that the tan can go on a little patchy, as waxing seems to act like an EXTREME exfoliation... taking of layers of skin in some areas (often delicate bikini / underarm areas) this isnt always apparent until after you've done the tan (as i found out last week... white 'pits for a few days!!!!!)

not much help i know...

best bet?? i reckon buy some st tropez mousse / spray and latex gloves and 'do' yourself at the last possible moment,then you can also touch-up any areas that need re-doing!

hth x

If a post is not nails-related, should it not go in chit-chat:?:

Urban Geek said:
If a post is not nails-related, should it not go in chit-chat:?:
Not sure is the answer needed a quick answer - Sorry if I have put in the forum Slap wrist's I am now going to go and sit on the naughty stair:Grope:

I have done this :o and not had any irritation or reaction as such. but where the hair has been removed, and there is a slight hole :eek: the tan tends to collect and you get a darker coloured spot. This can actually block the pore so you need to be more careful about exfoliating - which you probably don't want to do if you want to retain the tan!!!

sugar x

Boogaloo said:
Not sure is the answer needed a quick answer - Sorry if I have put in the forum Slap wrist's I am now going to go and sit on the naughty stair:Grope:

Love the reply!!!!

I woud be very careful about tanning after waxing....When I did my St Tropez training, I ended up looking like the after shots in the advert that starts...''If you could see what we can see'' and it shown the beach scene and everyone looks great and then it changes to show the sun damage on their skins... well that is what I looked like as the tanning solution had stained almost black some pigment spots that I had on my arms and inner thigh...I needed to scrub like mad with the exfoliator to get it off as I was due to go on holiday 3 days later!! I looked like I had some terminal disease!!!:(

Latest posts

Back