St Tropez double spray, today and tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Hello gals,

I love St Tropez and find it gives a really really natural tan with no orange but I have a client who finds it a little pale. If I tan her two days in a row will she go darker? Or will the dreaded orange creep in? She's way pale which is why the one application only gives her a light glow I guess.

Whadya think?

what strength or percentage are you using. You may need to get a darker one for her.

8 or 9% is for pale skin, around 12% for medium coloured skins and around 16% for darker skins.

The tan will only darked to its solution strength. If she is not going dark enough then use a darker one.

Hello x I find if I spray 2 coats u can go darker x but also if u tan following day she will go darker x have u seen st tropez new darker mist ? Wonder if that would be better for your lady ?

Sorry, not used St Tropez that much but I would imagine that since it works on the natural or base color of the skin you are tanning a second or double dip tan would give her a darker tan than just the usual one tan you do for her. Not sure how much darker though. Maybe some St Tropez geeks will pop over in a bit. If no one turns up today I would think your best bet would be to call your rep and see what he or she says. Their customer service seems quite friendly so I am sure someone over there will give you the answer if none of us are sure enough

Let us know how it goes

I've used st tropez for a long time, u can also recommend she uses st tropez gradual tan at home it's a fab product and will give your lady a real nice colour light - med if she is pale x

Yes a double dip will make her go darker. It will not go orange - it contains green in the solution so it physically cannot turn orange.

Depending on your machine you could try the new dark mist. It contains a higher level of dha and also something called vegetan which apparently nourishes the skin as well so less chance of the usual problems when spraying with a darker colour. Obviously this is only possible if you have changeable cups - unlike us. We have the ultimate air 2 which means the tan is deep in the machine and having 2 solutions would mean 2 compressors! (they're huge!)

I also find St. Tropez a little pale for my liking, I feel we would benefit from having multiple shades but I do like the fact that it doesn't go orange. I'm also not sure why we were told to do two coats when other brands do one but I've not been brave enough to try just one.

I like the one size fits all approach but sometimes you need a little more for some clients. I'm avoiding the 'dark' lotion as the higher dha is risky for pale clients whereas I thought doubling up might work. I'll try a bit of retail as follow up!

Latest posts

Back