St Tropez Questions?? Heeelllppp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat.

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently renting a room that is not big enough for a booth or pop up tanning booth so i am considering st tropez applications by hand.. I enventually would like to take over the larger room and then would deffinetly invest in a spray booth but thats not an option at the moment..!!
Basically jus a few questions about it all (i am goin to ring st tropez this week too)

.. What does everyone think of the application by hand??
.. Where do they do training?? (is it only london) and how much is it?? (i am already qualified in tanning and have used st tropez before but i didnt do my training with them)
.. Does anyone have an idea of how much they charge to start an account with them??

I would like to sell retail products too..
Thankyouuuu in advance.. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated :):)

Cat x

If I were you I wouldn't offer hand application as soon as we started to offer the spray in our salon no one booked the manual method for a few reasons, firstly the time it takes for them and for you, also after the manual I doubt you would want to walk down the street afterwards! I recall there was a minimum 1st order that I thought was quite a lot but can't for the life remember how much as was a long time ago it may have changed now though! Could you move your couch to put up tent for sprays?

Hi, I looked into the st tropez after training with them at college I know the min order for spray tanning was £250 but not sure about manual. Regarding training possibly give your local college a call but failing that call st tropez and they give you the details for your local rep who may have details regarding training. Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Thanks for your help :) i will give them a call..

And no i have nowhere to move the couch its a fairly small room and i have a spa couch and nail station, trolley etc so would be a nightmare moving it all.. I did attempt it already.. I am hoping to take on the bigger room next door bt want to get my business going and keep it goin well for at least a yr first.. Thanks for the
Suggestion thow :)

Cat

St tropaz rub on: is fantastic gorgeous colour and lasts well. BUT found clients haven't the time or the budget for it. When u can get a spray done in 20 mins for £15.... X

I've used St Tropez for the last 9 years starting with the manual application as that's all there was.

For the last 5 years had the ultimate air spray unit and love it.

With regard to products I no longer stock since St Tropez started selling it to nearly every supermarket and chemist and clients seem to buy it along with their peas and carrots.

The young hairdressers downstairs from me all buy their St Tropez at the market!!!

Jacqui xx

i trained with st tropez in my level 2, sorry but i have to say i didnt like it, it fades badly. spray tanning is the way to go

Thanks guys.. All really helpfull and think il probs wait untill i can get a spray tanning system in.. Thanks for the advice :) x

Ok i'm going to suggest something a bit out there but if you do have the option to move things in your room out of the way a bit, it could work.
what about some type of curtain track system that could possibly hang from the ceiling?? You can add weights to the bottom of shower curtain to prevent them being blown by spray tan machine???
You pull curtain round to do your spray tan and then right back out of the way when you're not using it?? You can also take it off the rail to wash it.
Just an idea that could be a temp solution. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Good idea :) bt i dont think hu i rent the room off wud go for that.. Bt thanks anyway x

I use the st tropez manual method and I think its a lovely luxury treatment. Why wouldn't you want to chill out for around 50 mins and be fully exfoliated and have your tan massaged on whilst the rest of your body is covered up. I purchased the salon start up kit for around £300 and that includes everything you need to do the treatment plus training within your own salon! They come to you.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If you moved your couch could you not fit in a pop up tent? My friend did this in her old room and would only do tans a Thursday evening so she wouldn't have to fold down the couch bed and put up tent all the time .. Just once a week xxx

If you moved your couch could you not fit in a pop up tent? My friend did this in her old room and would only do tans a Thursday evening so she wouldn't have to fold down the couch bed and put up tent all the time .. Just once a week xxx

That's a really good idea. Especially if people are wanting their tan for the weekend.

I have mine set up similar to the way aromababy mentioned. I have black curtains against 1 wall. They are hung from a curtain rod and stay there permenantly. I personally don't like the tents for tanning and the night I had my friend putting it up, I had to spray a regular in the shower cubicle which I didn't like either. I like the client to be able to have plenty of room for me to position them. If I could have, I'd have just painted the wall a chocolate brown which would match the rest of my salon area. There's quite a few places around here that do that.

Latest posts

Back