Staff discount on treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ann@vipnails

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help or suggest for me. I have two part time lovely girls in my salon, we are a very small salon and came through recent hard times. One of the girls wants to come in on her days off for treatments but I only have one staff on and don't think fair on business. What charge should staff pay what is fair all round. I suggested they come in on day off ? Just trying to keep us all in a job :)

Can't they come in if no clients are booked? They could come with short notice when there's a gap x

Yes that spends like an option thanks :) whats your thoughts on price? :)

When I worked in the salon we got our hair done for free, we only got it done when a gap appeared and there was more than one stylist in or we stayed to apply colours and then we finished the rest of at home unless we ran early and then we got the full works done we was only aloud to book when we was going away hope that helps x

How about having one evening a month where you all do treatments on eachother and maybe get a pizza in x

I went to my friends salon recently and because we was talking so much we ran behind we got a pizza in and the rest of the staff stayed and ended up doing each other's hair and joined in with pizza!

Thanks ladies that's a good idea and more relaxed and everyone happy x

Not sure what 'treatment's' you're being asked for, but in my salon, which is hair, I think it only right that all of us are wearing 'Good heads'.
We are a walking advert, so well groomed hair is a must.
It's great for morale.....if we look good, we feel good. :cool:
BUT, I make it clear, our hair day's happen, when business is slow.
It would be foolish to 'book' yourself in, when a potential paying client might want that slot.
Personally, I would not charge, it would be treated as 'Thank you' for being a part of my team.:D

Thanks it is beauty waxing tinting nails shellac toes x

Thanks it is beauty waxing tinting nails shellac toes x

As long as it is fair....i.e,
"I'll do your nails, you do mine" kind of thing.....
I once had someone who 'shellaced' herself every other day...without asking.:mad:
In my book, you ask first. :)

Latest posts

Back