Staff Issues!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathryn100

Reaction score
Hi all, only just started using this site, but hope some of you may be able to point me in the right direction. I am a Beauty Therapist/Nail Technician (10 years). Master Technician with Creative for 8 years. Have my own salon with 3 long term staff (two of which handed their notice in over the last two weeks, both to pursue other careers). Where do I start to look for qualified staff?? I have just been very lucky in the past and not needed to advertise. Does anyone find that the local paper works the best, or the evening news, or the job centre? I am based in Cheshire and very busy!!!!! Any replies much appreciated.x

cathryn100 said:
Hi all, only just started using this site, but hope some of you may be able to point me in the right direction. I am a Beauty Therapist/Nail Technician (10 years). Master Technician with Creative for 8 years. Have my own salon with 3 long term staff (two of which handed their notice in over the last two weeks, both to pursue other careers). Where do I start to look for qualified staff?? I have just been very lucky in the past and not needed to advertise. Does anyone find that the local paper works the best, or the evening news, or the job centre? I am based in Cheshire and very busy!!!!! Any replies much appreciated.x

Hiya Cathryn, I too am in Cheshire (which area are you in?)
I feel that local papers can generate some interest, But feel that some of the well known nail mags could be a better option, Also nail sites like this one.
If your near to me and ever struck i could lend a hand ;)
Hths

Hi Lesley, I have only just started looking at this site. Been so busy at salon, I am based in Wilmslow, was trained 8 years ago by Gigi. Any help in the right direction much appreciated as am busy salon needing four members of staff and was looking for a fifth!! Do you run your own salon??

I actual do mobile not salon based.

Hi Cathryn!!

Why not ring your local Creative Nail Academy?? They almost always have enquiries form Creative Trained technicains for jobs. Someone from the Cheshire area was on the board the other day saying she wanted to work in a salon in Cheshire and there were sadly no opportunities! I willl try to find her post and pm you with the details. Glad to hear you are so busy.

Right ... found it ... the thread was under chit chat --- title "I feel so let down and hurt" and the user who posted was called STAR. By her post she sounds like someone I would feel happy to take on board.

I will need 2 full time creative/nvq trained techs in October for the new shop in Bexley, Kent. Will post later with more info.

cathryn100 said:

I look on Jobs direct (the job centres web site) there are always plenty on their and it wont cost you...how about contact your local colleges or the CND academy for newly trained girls... :o opps didnt see Gigi's post hey well it was a good idea then

I have found that a window advert has been best

ask on here, its worth a try and it wont cost you anything.

I read somewhere that only 10% of jobs come through the sit vac ads. It is always through word of mouth. Ask your customers, they may know of someone (daughter, friend etc). I heard about my beauty therapist when having a pedicure in another salon, it was her best friend! and she's brill, I couldn't have asked for a more willing member of staff.

Hi

I have just advertised a job for a therapist/nail tech in my local paper and had a massive response!! Too many to chose from!! The job has been in the local job centre for about 6 months with not a lot of response really so i am really pleased. Quite a lot of them are college leavers, which isnt always a bad thing as they dont have too many bad habits. Good luck hope you find someone.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Have also asked around my clients and it seems like the local paper is the favourite as I need a Beauty Therapist as well as a nail tech, but I will definately be in touch with Creative.

ps. Hello Gigi, not seen you for a few years, missed you by 5 mins at the last show at Olympia. Hope you are well. xxx

Latest posts

Back