Stamping plate advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunaberry

Reaction score
Hi
I've recently got some moyou plates and stamp and love them!
The thing I'm having trouble with is getting the design where I want it on the nail. Any tips would be really welcome thanks.
I also got the Frenchy plate and thought they'd be great for tips but I can't stamp them where they should be if that makes sense!

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend a good plate with nice scrolls or fleur de lys effect please?
Thanks xxx

Hi
I use Konad stamps I found the moyou plates harder to use I have been playing around with them alot and I found a really cheap stamper from ebay that seems to work better its black and has a white soft plastic top its very spongy
The best advise I can give you is on gently roll the pattern onto the nail and make sure the nail rotates as well
Its hard to explain lol
Hope this helps a little :D
Dawn

Hi
I use Konad stamps I found the moyou plates harder to use I have been playing around with them alot and I found a really cheap stamper from ebay that seems to work better its black and has a white soft plastic top its very spongy
The best advise I can give you is on gently roll the pattern onto the nail and make sure the nail rotates as well
Its hard to explain lol
Hope this helps a little :D
Dawn

Thanks Dawn for your help.
I'm now managing to get a nice clean stamp out of it (though that took some doing lol) but I can't seem to stamp it where I want on the nail. If I want it on top right of finger it seems to be pot luck if it gets there! X

Ok :D
I see to be honest I sometimes have the same issue i gues its just lots and lots of practice lol
Have fun :D
Dawn

I agree it's down to a lot of practise! I find as I do it with gel I clean the top coat so I have a clean surface to work wit that way if you get it at the wrong angle you can wipe off and start again! And if your doing smaller patterns then use the small stamper end as I have konad they come with a double end stamper not sure about other makes!
Hope that helps a little!

I think getting the placement right is the hardest part, if you get a squishy stamper you can put the finger onto the image rather than stamping it on to the nail, sort of backwards if that makes any sense?
You can also make decals yourself with the stamper so they'd be easier to place but more time consuming :)

I think it must be down to practice. I put individual skulls on my ring fingers and it took me about an hour. I did end up getting there after ripping my hair out and nearly giving up.

Practice practice practice!! I agree that it seems to be easier placing the nail on the stamp rather than the stamp to the nail. Lol I bet that makes no sense. Xxx

I use the moyou rectangular stamper which makes it easier as you know the orientation of the pattern and then line the stamp at the tip of the nail and then roll upwards. Only works using a very squishy stamper but it does enable you to get precise placement of the image really easily

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Some good tips there for me to practise with. I hadn't thought about putting nail to stamper der!! I'll try it.
Might also look into the rectangular stamper too. I've got the squishy double ended one.

Anyone know a nice plate for full pattern swirls and scrolls? X

Lots of great plates from konad and you can get them on amazon if you find the one you like and search the number in small writing on the plate! I have a nice swirly all over nail pattern but just depends what your looking for really! X

Hi
Ebay is a good and cheap place to get konad plates plus you can look at all the designs :D
Konad M-Series Nail Stamping Image Plates - Choose a Plate M1-M30 | eBay

Konad M-Series Nail Stamping Image Plates - Choose a Plate M31-M60 | eBay

Konad M-Series Nail Stamping Image Plates - Choose a Plate M61-M88 | eBay

Or you could look at them all on the site then track them down online :D
http://www.konadnailart.com/contents/en-us/d13_konad_image_plate.html
Moyou much have a list some where also I just thought I would show you the konad as I use them :D

Dawn

I love konad. It looks easy but takes so much practices to get it looking perfect. Xx

Thanks everyone. And thank you dawn for the links. I've ordered one! Xx

Latest posts

Back