star nails gone .......bust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryblossom

Reaction score
I was a college last night and one of the students anounced that she had been to sallys hair and beauty that day, and the sales rep had said to her that star nails have gone bust and that all there products were going to be half price.just wondered if any one has heard about this and if it was true.

linzi x

HIYA,

THEY HAD APPARENTLY GONE INTO RECEIVERSHIP (IS THAT THE RIGHT TERM?) AND UNITED BEAUTY HAVE NOW BEEN BOUGHT OUT BY ANOTHER COMPANY (CAN'T REMEMBER THEIR NAME) AND YOU WILL BE ABBLE TO PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS, HOWEVER I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE WON'T BE AS LARGE A CHOICE AS THERE WAS BEFORE BECAUSE THEY'RE REDUCING THE LINES/PRODUCTS. JUST WHAT I'VE HEARD, CAN'T BE 100%!

ALYSHA

when i was in capital a week or so ago, they hardly had any star nails stock in at all bar the odd spangles paint pot! Glad i don't use star! However, there was a sign saying it would be replenished but no date given....

hiya there was a thread about this some time ago. "Star nails gone bust??? " it has loads of info on, it is a shame as many people will have lost their jobs, :(

xxx

Got a flyer from The Nail Co a few weeks ago, confirming that United Beauty had been bought out and were now UBP, plus some price raises for several items, but no talk of products being discontinued.
Just glad I import all my Star stuff!

doesn't it work out more expensive to import stuff - postage etc...? Obviously electrical items aren't relevant as the different voltage and the flammables can't be sent so just curious what you are able to import!

Does anyone know if the spangles super striper brush will still be available if the company is took over by someone else? if not does anyone have any good subsitute to this brush? thanks x

Hi All

I work for Sally hair and beauty and Star Nails did go bust just before Christmas but have now been taken over again. We are able to get our full range of products still (and everything is still the same price, no discount or price increase) and still have the super striper brush in stock :) The only thing that UBP said there was going to be a delay with was future training courses but they are going to get it sorted as soon as they possibly can.

HTH

Tina xxx

Thanks that really helps, i was worried that they might stop doing some of the lesser popular products once someone else took over the company. Think i might just stock up on a few anyway just to make sure.....hahaha x

Hi Guys,

I work for UBP Products, previously known as United Beauty Products, I started a thread called:United Beauty Products-What's the News?? a couple of weeks ago so hopefully this should answer your questions!

Stock is now coming in and wholesalers such as Capital Hair and Beauty and Sally's will soon have fully stocked shelves again.

All products will remain the same and the Brands (Star Nails, Bella Mani, Spangles etc) will remain the same to support the training courses that will continue to run.

There have been no discontinued lines as yet but there may be in the future.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me!

Georgie. x

Latest posts

Back