Star Pro Duolite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stimpyroo

Reaction score
So cosmoprof is selling the duolite which claims to be led and uv in one, on Black Friday for 178 I feel the need to try every thing lol but I can't find any reviews at all. Anyone else every tried it??

I read on another board that it's a terrible light and to not get it.

EVERY LED lamp for curing gels is UV ... it has to be .. it is UV that cures gel. They are just using that bit of info for those who are ignorant of the facts. LED is a type of bulb ... just like other bulbs, some LED bulbs emit UV and others do not.

I was curious, also.

EVERY LED lamp for curing gels is UV ... it has to be .. it is UV that cures gel. They are just using that bit of info for those who are ignorant of the facts. LED is a type of bulb ... just like other bulbs, some LED bulbs emit UV and others

Oh how ignorant of me ;)

EVERY LED lamp for curing gels is UV ... it has to be .. it is UV that cures gel. They are just using that bit of info for those who are ignorant of the facts. LED is a type of bulb ... just like other bulbs, some LED bulbs emit UV and others

Oh how ignorant of me ;)
Saying that many people are ignorant of the facts is not calling you or anyone else an ignorant person. Sorry you seemed to take it that way. It certainly was not meant to cause you any offence. :hug:

Saying that many people are ignorant of the facts is not calling you or anyone else an ignorant person. Sorry you seemed to take it that way. It certainly was not meant to cause you any offence. :hug:

I didn't take it personally... The truth is I should have known that already :)

You only know when you learn .. If no one's told you how should you know? You know now.

Almost everyone makes the same mistake thinking that LED is somehow different from UV ... LED stands for Light Emitting Diode which is a different way of delivering the light from the bulb ... There are UV LED bulbs and non-UV LED bulbs; but the ones for curing nails are UV emitting bulbs. I'm not sure why the cure faster but it is of no importance to me as I am quite happy with a 2 minute cure from my UV Lamp and have no interest in the large investment in a lamp that cures faster than I CAN WORK. I just do not need it.

Just to clarify, I have a Duolite, it is a combination of LED lights and UV bulbs, and you can choose which you want to use. To cure LED gel/polish choose the LED setting or to cure UV cure systems choose the UV setting. Being mobile and offering different systems I find this lamp so useful as it saves carrying two lamps. It is excellent quality and has a count down timer like the CND Lamp, full five finger cure. In my opinion a great lamp if you need it!:p

I think the interesting thing about this lamp is that it very clearly states its wattage and cure timings (36w, 30, 90, 120, 180 second cure) but also its bandwidth and timings (405 nm, 5, 10, 30, 60 second cure). This is the first LED lamp that I've seen that advertises this. This may reflect a response from lamp manufacturers to the growing discontent among users regarding the growing issue of using only the lamp for that system. Publishing the bandwidth of a lamp may be the first step in being able to ensure that your lamp matches and is able to cure your gel/gel polish.

I know this is an old thread, but just wondering if anyone is using this lamp and what they think of it? Is a combi the way forward rather than having 2 separate lamps? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only way forward is to use the UV lamp that is recommended by the manufacturer of the gel you have bought.

I currently use an LED lamp for my gel polish but am starting to look at hard gels. From feedback on a previous post I've learned that although I could use an LED curable gel it may not be the best option due to heat spike, so I'm faced with needing a UV lamp if I decide to go ahead with it.
I totally appreciate what you are saying about using the correct lamp for the system geeg. I'm just a little confused as one company I approached today said that a combi lamp would be absolutely fine for their hard gel. Obviously this would be a fab solution for me as my clients are now used to the speed of the LED to cure their polish. But if it's not right, it's not right.
Needed to ask the question as my google research on lamps was making me go cross-eyed! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back