Start a new beauty treatment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibrowtime

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Although I always look on here and read some great advice that people have to give, I have only just registered. I do eyebrows and other beauty treatments . My focus and thread here is on eyebrows.
I have been trained in beauty but not any specific Brow courses. The way I do my brows is quite different to how many others do it. So this is what brings me to where I am.
I am wanting to name my Brow treatment but I want to do this correctly. I have a name and quite good branding but have the following queries.
Do I need to register the treatment legally? So it's a recognised treatment.
Do I need to inform the companies of the selected products I use?
Is there any companies than can advise me on the legalities?

Sorry for the long winded post.

Thanks in advance

Hi I'll try and help but have a few more questions for you.

Did your beauty course cover eyebrows at all? Does your beauty qualification allow you to get insurance for doing people's brows?

What is your plan? Do you eventually want to teach other people to do brows with your methods?

Hi and thanks for the reply much appreciated.
Yes my beauty course did cover eyebrows. Waxing and tinting etc. I am also qualified in threading.
So my plan short term is to just offer this treatment within a salon with the other girls who work with me. I will eventually like to go onto teaching my methods of which I understand I will have to do certain courses in order to be qualified to do so. This is also something I have been looking into over the latest few months.
Hope this helps

The main thing you're qualified and insured to carry out treatment, which you are.

You're not inventing a new treatment, as such, so you don't need to inform anyone as you're insured to carry out treatments.

So long as the other girls are qualified in brows and the methods you use to achieve your brows - waxing, threading, tinting, you can show them how you prefer brows done.

If at a later date you want to trademark the name of your brows, you can find info on net on how to do that.

If you then want to teach complete beginners how to do brows your way, I've posted in this thread on what you need to do.

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/gateway-pttls-course.304598/#post-2518611

I can't thank you enough s&g beauty bar for this information. That's perfect. I have already got the other girls up to speed with how I want the brows to be done and my expectations.
You obviously know your stuff so of you don't mind can I pick your brains on the teaching side?
So I understand I need to do a basic teaching course then register with the relevant bodies in order to do so?
Again thanks for the information!!

Sorry s&g just reading the link you sent me. Perfect.
Thanks

Glad I could help

I'm trained in HD brows, do you know if your steps are similar to HD brows or not? Might be worth getting it done, or going with a friend to see it being done

Then you can see how what you're offering compares, or what selling points your treatment has

I have a couple of friends that do HD brows. It is similar to an extent as it's hard to be a lot different. The outcome is slightly different.
I am just putting together a marketing package which will hopefully make me treatment stand out, particularly in my surrounding area

Good luck with it all

If you have time, I'd love to see a picture of the brows you do

I will get one uploaded.
And again thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back