Start up costs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katef

Reaction score
Hi salon geeks, my name is Kate and I'm a newbie round here. Hello!

I'm looking for a bit of advice please. I've done my beauty qualifications backwards. I have my Beauty Level 3 (Massage Route) under my belt and I'm currently practicing as a self-employed mobile massage therapist so I have my couch, my uniform, insurance and my oils etc. I am about to embark on my Beauty Level 2 qualification and would like to start offering the following treatments:

- Brows
- Gel nails
- Spray tanning
- Facials

I have no doubt I will expand my repertoire as I progress but this is my intended starting point. I will be continuing as a mobile therapist for the time being.

In order for me to write my business plan I require realistic costings for putting this into practice and I thought who better to ask than you lovely lot! I am likely to go for the more established brands: Shellac, HD Brows and possibly Neals Yard for my facials (although they are very pricey).

I'm really excited about branching out and I'd like to thank you in advance for any advice you have to offer. I've been reading the forum for a little while and you're all very supportive of one another which is lovely.

Kate x

Hi salon geeks, my name is Kate and I'm a newbie round here. Hello!

I'm looking for a bit of advice please. I've done my beauty qualifications backwards. I have my Beauty Level 3 (Massage Route) under my belt and I'm currently practicing as a self-employed mobile massage therapist so I have my couch, my uniform, insurance and my oils etc. I am about to embark on my Beauty Level 2 qualification and would like to start offering the following treatments:

- Brows
- Gel nails
- Spray tanning
- Facials

I have no doubt I will expand my repertoire as I progress but this is my intended starting point. I will be continuing as a mobile therapist for the time being.

In order for me to write my business plan I require realistic costings for putting this into practice and I thought who better to ask than you lovely lot! I am likely to go for the more established brands: Shellac, HD Brows and possibly Neals Yard for my facials (although they are very pricey).

I'm really excited about branching out and I'd like to thank you in advance for any advice you have to offer. I've been reading the forum for a little while and you're all very supportive of one another which is lovely.

Kate x

Hi Kate,

I bought the Shellac starter kit a couple of years ago and it cost approx £600. That included everything to complete a shellac treatment. I think there were about 25-30 colours included in that. I then built up my colour collection as I went.

Neals Yard also offer a starter kit for approx £95. Again I then bought the additional items i needed as and when I needed them.

On both sites you can have a look and it'll show you what's included in the starter kits.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jane

Latest posts

Back