Starting a family

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliep100

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post, but I hope someone may have some input into my situation. So I brought a small salon about 4 years ago, I work full time and I have 2 part time employees. We’re a busy little place and I earn a good wage from the business, but me and my partner are ready to start thinking of starting a family and not sure how it is going to work. Non of the employees would want to run the business for me (as they had the chance to buy the business and they didn’t want it) so the only options I can see are;
-Find a manger the run the place whist I’m off
-Turn it to a self employed salon and charge a rent for stylists
-Or sell the business
I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience and do’s and donts, as I really don’t want to get this wrong!

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi everyone, this is my first post, but I hope someone may have some input into my situation. So I brought a small salon about 4 years ago, I work full time and I have 2 part time employees. We’re a busy little place and I earn a good wage from the business, but me and my partner are ready to start thinking of starting a family and not sure how it is going to work. Non of the employees would want to run the business for me (as they had the chance to buy the business and they didn’t want it) so the only options I can see are;
-Find a manger the run the place whist I’m off
-Turn it to a self employed salon and charge a rent for stylists
-Or sell the business
I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience and do’s and donts, as I really don’t want to get this wrong!

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi Ellie

Are you planning to return to work after you've had your first child ?

Can you afford to employ a Manager and support your self while your off ?
Xx

If you change it to rent a chair self employed you’ll have no control over their hours (if they’re not busy they won’t come in) and you’d have to give them their redundancy from terminating their employment. X

I'm in the same boat, i also have had my Salon 4year, but i work on own & would like to start a family in the next year or so. I'v no idea where to begin so what steps would be best to take

Latest posts

Back