Starting again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhaught

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So just looking for some advice really :) I owned my own salon from 2012 - 2014. In July last year I decided to close the salon for a number of reasons, one of which consisted of huge overheads that we just could not afford in the quiet months. I was truly gutted but it was the right decision in the long run.

I now have a full time job which is great as I have a guaranteed pay check at the end of every month, whilst still doing some beauty on the side.

Just by chance today, I bumped into someone I knew when I was running my salon who owns a full fitness studio literally just up the road from my old salon. He offered me the chance to rent a room from him on a pay as you go basis so that I do not have any fixed overheads. I would only be there on a Saturday and possibly take a few appointments in the evening on a Friday as I am not going to give up my job to go full time into it again just yet. I want to start small and not take any risks this time around!

It's an amazing opportunity for me to get back into beauty on a part time basis as he is so busy and has a huge amount of clients that use him on a daily basis. He even said he would promote me for free too! Plus the studio is stunning - very modern and clean :)

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do regarding old clients? Is it wrong to contact them via email out of the blue? Or should I just start from scratch?

If you have ever done this, how did you go about doing it?

Also, any other tips or advice that anyone has would be apprecated so much.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to receiving your replies :)

xx

Last edited:
I would definitely contact the old clients. They came to you before not just because of the quality of your treatments, but also because of you. If my massage therapist upped sticks and moved, I'd be at a loss to find someone else I could trust to treat my body. Get the word out to them you're back in business.

Thanks for your advice hun :) just wasn't sure if it was right to do what with data protection and things. Any one else have any advice? Xx

Regarding data protection-if they were your clients previously then its absolutely fine to contact them -you are supposed to keep records for a number of years so if business only closed a year ago then you obv have all the record cards still. You have nothing to.lose contacting them and advising them you have a new premises,maybe a little sweetener like 10% off or something and bingo hopefully a little ready made clientele for you

Awesome at least I know now it's okay :) thanks for your advise xx

Latest posts

Back