Starting extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige.xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am currently doing an online extensions course, have just got a training head to practice with. I have already had some of my clients interested in extensions while I am picking up experience. I do work mobile so I'm not in my salon, unless my little room counts. A couple of questions.
1) Where can I go for my clients to get affordable but not expensive extensions?
2) What should I be charging for my time?
3) Has anyone got any advice for me?
Thanks in advance.

Use the search function with regards to what suppliers. There is a million threads with the same question.

Pricing : you charge what you want. I work on an hourly rate. It depends on what you want to earn.

Check out other extensionists in your area to see what their prices are like. Don't price yourself out of the area but don't be cheap. You don't want cheap clients especially for hair extensions.

Go for high quality hair. Don't use cheap hair as it will come back on you.
Do your research, get samples and test hair.
Get some models in for the first few heads you do.

I would look at a practical course for hair extensions. Most online courses are not thorough enough and do not teach you the things you need to know.

Use the search function with regards to what suppliers. There is a million threads with the same question.

Pricing : you charge what you want. I work on an hourly rate. It depends on what you want to earn.

Check out other extensionists in your area to see what their prices are like. Don't price yourself out of the area but don't be cheap. You don't want cheap clients especially for hair extensions.

Go for high quality hair. Don't use cheap hair as it will come back on you.
Do your research, get samples and test hair.
Get some models in for the first few heads you do.

I would look at a practical course for hair extensions. Most online courses are not thorough enough and do not teach you the things you need to know.

Thank you so much for your reply & fantastic advice. Thank you so much! I agree with you regarding the cheap clients! Thank you again for your reply it's very much appreciated x

Latest posts

Back