Starting from the beginning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi I fully qualified in beauty therapy level 2 June 2016 and went on to study level 3 which is currently doing and qualify for that in June 2017. I am looking to go mobile to fit in around my children but am not getting enough clients for level 2 treatments just pretty much friends and family. I'm looking to make this a career. The thought of applying for jobs scares the life out of me as I'm not really confident and haven't had a lot of experience obviously as being a newbie to the industry. Obviously someone with experience is going to get the job over a newbie for sure. How did everyone start out and does anyone have any tips to get in new clients as everyone already has there particular people/places they go. I've tried offers. I have a Facebook page be as I don't know many people only have 32 people on it most of who I know. I've tried sharing the page and getting others to do the same but I don't have much support. Thanks

It's a hard slog getting your name out there and I know exactly how you feel. You might have already tried some of these, but here's some of the things I'm doing:
Heavily discounted/free treatments in return for honest reviews on my FB page.
Joining and posting in local business advertising groups - I create a graphic with the price and description of a treatment and share the crap out of it.
Running a competition - the last two competitions I've ran have been 'nominate a friend by tagging them in the comments' style, it spreads the word to friends of friends.
Joining local Mums groups on FB - the one covering my area allows business advertising at the weekends.
And finally, the payment option - boosting a post or advertising your page, for some it doesn't work but the couple of times I've tried it my page likes and follows have increased, my post engagement has increased and the amount of PM enquiries I get increases too.

Oh and another FB thing I have is a private group - I started it when I was training, it was just family and friends who wanted to volunteer to model and help me out with practice runs etc. Now it's VIP group, I encourage regular clients to join so they can get special offers before I announce them to the general public, get news on new treatments and products I'm using before I mention them on the main page.

Latest posts

Back