Starting mobile beauty business, what to offer next

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckyderricut

Reaction score
Hi, iv recently decided I want to start as a mobile beauty therapist. I qualified my nvq level 2 back in 2008 and never really got much further with it which I massively regret.
So a few months ago I completed my semi permanent lash course with flirties which was amazing. I'm really enjoying it, I have only advertised for models at the moment as it's still taking me so long to complete a set. Obviously with these models I'm offering the treatment with a big discount so I'm not earning that much at the moment.
I want to offer other treatments but I litrally have no equipment yet other than my lash kit. My plan is to put everything I earn straight back into the buisness to buy the equipment. I currently work part time and have 2 children so only have limited appionment slots.
I'm kind of wishing I had started with a different treatment to earn more money for the new equipment I require quicker, as with the lashes I'm only able to fit 2-3 clients in a week with it taking me so long.
Anyway I'm just looking for some advice on what would be I good treatment to offer next or train in next that maybe isn't as difficult to grasp.
Iv looked into gel polish and I love ibd so I'm kind of swaying towards that next but some advice before I take the leap would be geat x

What about spray tanning? You can get some good deals on the equipment and once you're confident in your routine it's a quick treatment to do x

Definitely gel polish. It's my top earner. I hoped spray tanning would bring me in more money but it hasn't. A little bit gutted as its such an easy and quick treatment and one of my favourites to do.

What about spray tanning? You can get some good deals on the equipment and once you're confident in your routine it's a quick treatment to do x
I was thinking of spray tanning to but wasn't sure how popular it would be. It's definitely something I will be doing though. Thankyou for your reply x

I was thinking of spray tanning to but wasn't sure how popular it would be. It's definitely something I will be doing though. Thankyou for your reply x
Definitely gel polish. It's my top earner. I hoped spray tanning would bring me in more money but it hasn't. A little bit gutted as its such an easy and quick treatment and one of my favourites to do.
I think I probably will do the gel polish next, as I know it's very popular. I've also spoke to grafton and they have been really helpful, only thing I'd have to wait until February to do the course I want...but I think it will be worth the wait.
Thanks for the advice x

my quickest and most money making was spray tanning, waxing & ear hopi candling.

Latest posts

Back