Starting mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMitchell

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I will be qualified in July and I want to start mobile, although I wonder if it would be worth getting a mobile nail station or not? Also are there any other essentials I need for going mobile?

Thank you!
xx

Hi Everyone!

I will be qualified in July and I want to start mobile, although I wonder if it would be worth getting a mobile nail station or not? Also are there any other essentials I need for going mobile?

Thank you!
xx

hiya hun, i am mobile. i have a station. and a pull trolley.. there perfect for mobile. also ikea sell lamps that bolt to the table with swing arm over the top. i couldnt cope without these 3. hope this helps x

hiya hun, i am mobile. i have a station. and a pull trolley.. there perfect for mobile. also ikea sell lamps that bolt to the table with swing arm over the top. i couldnt cope without these 3. hope this helps x

Where did you get your station from? All the ones's i have found are so tiny so i have been using an ironing board as a subsitute!!xx

i bought it off ebay.

Manicure Table Portable Nail Technician Desk Workstation with Bag & Wrist Rest | eBay

theres the link for it. but i did get mine cheaper as it was on bid. fits in the boot of ya car with ease. :D x

I would say these ones aren't portable at all. They are heavy. Also mine was rubbish, the leg wouldn't fold down properly so I snapped it off trying to get it down.

Do a search on manicure tables on here and there are many places to get portable tables, a lot less heavier and a lot cheaper. You can buy one from ikea or b&q for £20.00

I have one of these, my friend gave it to me. I don't think they're heavy at all just a bit of an awkward shape to carry.
Rhiannon x

Blimey if you dont think these are heavy either you are incredibly strong or they've listened to complaints about the legs being needlessly heavy... Im 5ft 10", not a wimp but these really are heavy. I actually find them quite small to work from too. I put on there my Bio Sculpture lamp & also a stand alone desk lamp & try & work within the middle, not a great deal of space. Do-able but could do with it being a lot lighter / tad bigger ....

Blimey if you dont think these are heavy either you are incredibly strong or they've listened to complaints about the legs being needlessly heavy... Im 5ft 10", not a wimp but these really are heavy. I actually find them quite small to work from too. I put on there my Bio Sculpture lamp & also a stand alone desk lamp & try & work within the middle, not a great deal of space. Do-able but could do with it being a lot lighter / tad bigger ....

Haha just call me superwoman! ;)
Rhiannon x

I would say these ones aren't portable at all. They are heavy. Also mine was rubbish, the leg wouldn't fold down properly so I snapped it off trying to get it down.

Do a search on manicure tables on here and there are many places to get portable tables, a lot less heavier and a lot cheaper. You can buy one from ikea or b&q for £20.00

i agree they are a little heavy. and mine has been great. u get used to weight. it doesnt bother me anymore... as for ikea ones.... yes there a lot lighter... but also a lot smaller, flimsy and rocks. i did buy a lighter one. but i soon got rid. hope this helps xx

I had one of these, used it twice and then sold it due to the weight. It was soooh heavy and bulky to carry. I've now got a fold up plastic table that has adjustable height and its so much more manageable. x

Crikey my massage table weighs less. P x

Please, please, please buy a manicure table!
I don't think using an ironing board makes the right impression when turning up to a clients house.
I know you can use what they have in their house but not everybody owns a dining room table.
However points to note when using other peoples things;
If you have not adequately protected what's underneath your insurance may not cove you for accidental damage.
Sitting squinty ways at someone else's table or perched on a breakfast bar can lead to back problems.

I am a Mobile Nail Technician and this is what I chose to do.
Yes, my bag is heavy and my table is heavy (but substantial).
You could set limits as to where you can and can't go ie. No higher than second floor if there is no lift.

Can anyone tell me which idea table they're using for mobile? X

Latest posts

Back