Starting my gel nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evie92

Reaction score
Hello girls so I'm new here & I'm after some general advice.

I've recently purchased a gel nail course from essential nails & can't wait to get stuck in! I already do shellac nails so I have some general knowledge on gel products etc.

Just wondering if anyone here has already completed or started this gel course and could give me a few tips from their own experience? In terms of where to start, how you personally found the course.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Evie x

Hi i did this course from essential nails and loved it. I found it showed you everything and you could learn at your own pace. The customer service team were excellant to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I started this same course in January and haven't finished it yet. I came to realise hard gel enhancements just arent for me :) It's a very good foundation course but the thing is although it teaches you how to apply gel and blend tips ect you don't then know if the product has or will lift or not as you are doing it on a plastic hand and you don't then get the feedback of how long they have lasted. I will finish the course at some point lol but I'll probably use the knowledge from EN to then invest in a soak off gel like Brisa Lite xx

What are essential nails DVDs like also? As I'm thinking of buying a couple xx

What are essential nails DVDs like also? As I'm thinking of buying a couple xx

I had a shock when I watched it tonight, it looks like it was filmed in the 80's lol but it's the most precise video I've seen. It shows you each step slowly and allows you to pause to repeat after the video instructions and then again in normal time to show you how it should be done in real time at a salon. I think it's very useful, can't wait to get cracking with my practical work this weekend :) x

Lol I know ! I thought that too when I saw it! All that hair spray and the clients scrunchie lol :) Good luck Hun and enjoy ! Xx

Lol I know ! I thought that too when I saw it! All that hair spray and the clients scrunchie lol :) Good luck Hun and enjoy ! Xx

Haha yes exactly :) it's still a very good video none the less, I will start it over the weekend and see how it goes!

I am so glad you posted this, Evie. I had no idea that there was an online nail college! I started a thread about Biosculpture as that is all that is available here to train in. Gonna have a look at the online courses now… :)

Hi, this may sound like a really stupid question but are the tips that are included in the kit just normal acrylic tips? I've seen you can buy from them a build on pack of tips and they seem
Very expensive if that is all they are! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, this may sound like a really stupid question but are the tips that are included in the kit just normal acrylic tips? I've seen you can buy from them a build on pack of tips and they seem
Very expensive if that is all they are! 😊

I think they are designed for the nail trainer, I'm not sure I can't remember. I'll have to dig out my kit. I did try using other tips on the trainer hand but as the nails are so flat, the tips wouldn't stick properly :-/ xx

Ah I see, thanks for that. Just realised they have different packs too so need to see which is the best to get in relation to what I need x

I haven't long started my gel course en does anyone have any tips on getting the tip on with no air under tip ?? Sorry to jump in xx

Latest posts

Back