Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helward87

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!

Just looking for some words of advice!

I will be completing my cnd beginners L&P & shellac course at the London academy in July.
From this, I plan to go on and complete conversion courses in spa mani & pedi, the gel conversion and also possibly an additives course.

I'm trying to get a plan together by the way of kit ie tools, essentials, dos & donts etc and would really appreciate any advice or guidance you can offer.
I plan to work mobile so the more compact the better :)

Thank you,
Helen :) xxx

Also, any advice on how many polishes I will need initially?!!
I will be offering polish, shellac & vinylux.

I want too cover all bases but realise that kit takes time to build up :) xx

I'm on a shellac course next week!. I'm aiming to start with 20 polishes and 10 vinylux. sweet squared listed their 10 best selling colours on here the other week, so I'm using that as a guide ( bearing in mind, seasonality), and I've also picked some shades from a very useful youtuber; Liverpool lashes, who did a post on starter shades. I've bought a Roo Glamour case for transporting kit and I'm about to buy a portable table and lamp.

For colours, I would advise going with pinks, purples, red, a black and a nice nude kind of colour to start. Also if you buy some fine glitters they are fairly cheap and you can press them in to the tacky layer of the shellac so you can offer glitter colours. I would double top coat them though to seal them well. Good Luck! :)

Thanks girls :)

I have seen a beginners colour kit with travel case on sweet squared that I was considering getting, I think it had 20 of the most popular colours in so from your replies I'm thinking that might be a good idea.

I have started looking into the glitters so I will have some of those to play with.

I follow Liverpool lashes so will have a look through her clips as I didn't see the beginners one you mentioned, but she's fab so in sure that will help.

I got the LED lamp with the shellac course so that's covered.

Now table - I saw a thread recently where a lot of mobile techs said they don't really use one as most peopl have dining tables etc and it's more as a back up.
Would you say a table is a necessity or optional?? Xx

I'd say table is optional, I've only ever been to one house where they didn't have a table to use. They had a little side table that I could have my products on at the side of me and I sat side ways on the sofa with ladies hand on my lap. Not ideal but I managed fine.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1435228123.310671.jpg
this is what I was considering buying as a starter.

It has 10 shellac (not 20) and 10 vinylux with other essentials .... And come in the case, I realise this case won't serve as THE case but worth it or not?! Xx

View attachment 188511this is what I was considering buying as a starter.

It has 10 shellac (not 20) and 10 vinylux with other essentials .... And come in the case, I realise this case won't serve as THE case but worth it or not?! Xx
The only problem I can see here is that 4 of the shellac colours will also be supplied to you as part of your course kit. (Creme puff, beau, tropix and wildfire)

Here's the video I mentioned, btw.....

Ahhhh that's good to know - I'll be buying a separate case too so it probably best for to gather buys individually :)
Thanks for your help Hun xx

Latest posts

Back